Aa
A
A
Close
Congestive Heart Failure Forum
CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!
41 - 60 (of 122) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I have been to the doctor twice in the last week for extreme fatigue, dizziness, lightheaded, short of breath, pressure in chest. esp...
Dear Doctor, thanks very much for your help! my ekgs over the last year have shown enlarged left ventricle, right bundle blockage, and ...
3 answers |
293157 tn?1285877039
Could you help me I'm asking about my hubby who has been healthy for many years, he is now 64, 4 months ago put on synthroid for thyroid,...
I've had terrible symptoms of what my doctor claims to be anxiety for over a year, that include chest pains, shortness of breath every da...
3 answers |
My Mother is 67 and a long history of illness, first major stroke at 36, her heart valves where damaged due to rheumatic fever as a child...
I'm taking atenolol for high blood pressure and irregular hear rhythm and I was wondering do this medication prevent heart attack?
Hi. Not sure what the protocol here is, but I was wondering if you can tell me in layman's terms if these results are good, bad, or ug...
1 answer |
I am a 65 year old male on an ACE inhibitor (10mg Peridopril+5mg amlopidine) a calcium channel blocker (32mg candesartin - Atacand) and ...
1 answer |
why the presence of tachycadia related to hypotension on the body
1 answer |
Im a 23 year old female, having pretty severe worsening symptoms over the past 8 months. Symptoms include, extreme skipped heart beats an...
I have congestive heart failure and I'm 8 wks. pregnant. My left ventricle has an ejection fraction of 20%. What are the chances of a suc...
2 answers |
I'm new to the "ask question fotum". While reading various questions & answers on diastolic dysfunctio & DCHF, I posted my situation with...
1 answer |
I am a 52 year old female. Last march went to er with severe shortness of breath rapid heart beat fatigue on and on. Echo was ordered on ...
1 answer |
I have right heart failure what are my chances of surviving labor?
1 answer |
About 9 months ago I woke up at night and went to get a drink, went back to bed and started to feel hot and sick. Went to the bathroom an...
1 answer |
I need help. My 88 yr old dad had AV-replaced (porc) 2004. Did very well but yrs later came afib. He has Pace, rx warf approx 5 yrs then...
A dear friend in his early 80's, never really sick, has & is being treated for congestive heart failure...although no problems in past ...
Hi doctor i m 30year my ecg showing mi, but my angiography normal ct angiography normal,eco test normal,trop test 2times negative, but st...
my husband has had pitted edema in his lower legs for over a year now the VA doesn't seem to care which only enforces his desire not to s...
1 answer |
Hi, my father got angiography and detected few blockages like double vessel coronary disease and treated with angioplasty PTCA to RCA don...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now