Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Congestive Heart Failure Forum

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!
A brief hx: 72 years old male, 6'2", 198 pounds. Have had eight stents the last 14 years, a pacemaker, and bypass surgery 2.5 years ago...
I have moderate Pulmonary Hypertension secondary to an uncorrected ASD. Is it too late for a correction?
Is viral cardiomyopathy reversible? I am 49 years old and 10 months ago I was diagnosed with viral cardiomyopathy. I have been on m...
Dear Doctor, thanks very much for your help! my ekgs over the last year have shown enlarged left ventricle, right bundle blockage, and ...
I've had terrible symptoms of what my doctor claims to be anxiety for over a year, that include chest pains, shortness of breath every da...
I have congestive heart failure and I'm 8 wks. pregnant. My left ventricle has an ejection fraction of 20%. What are the chances of a suc...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.