Aa
A
A
Close

Congestive Heart Failure Forum

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

61 - 80 (of 122) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1763947_tn?1334058919
I was in the hospital for a week. I was first told I had pneumonia then I was told I had CHF. I had a fever. Now that I am not on a daily IV, I am not swollen. How can I know what I really have?
mojogal | Last answer
Ok, confused, worried stressed and tired of this all at the same time. I have been suffering now for 5 years! It all started with problems wtih my potassium and then by BP being erratic and Heart symptoms. Finally had someone willing to ...
denaandannalise | Last answer
Hi, my mother was diagnosed with heart failure AT 38 years old. About three months after having my baby sister. She is now 40 she has congestive heart failure and its her whole organ not a right or left side. Based off her echo tests the...
sam6389 | Last answer
I have NICM with ICD. Recently had to miss 4 doses of solalol and began to experience chest pain, pressure, and SOB. I went to the local ER after several days of being back on my regular dose of meds and symptoms had not improved. EKG...
mlaurel | Last answer
My Cardiologist told me that I have Viral Cardiomyopathy after getting a stress test and Cardiac MRI done. My ejection fraction is at 44%, went down from 65% during a 2 year period. I'm 29 years old. I have a history of Atrial Fibrillati...
Kthrnortega83 | Last answer
Hi, Currently freaking out... stuck in Japan had very mild chest discomfort, shortness of breath, dizzy for about a week. Went to see the doc today, all normal incl. EKG apart from LDL and H-FABP. Since researched and found that my LD...
marcusm | Last answer
I'm interested in possibly getting stem cell therapy for my Cardiomyopthy. I'm not sure where to look. I've heard lots of good things about it. How do I go about finding places to get this. Does the U.K. offer it? I heard some countries ...
I'm a 29 year old female. I was recently diagnosed with viral cardiomyopathy after complaining to my Cardiologist of numbness and tingling in my left arm. I also gained about 10 pounds in water retention over a 2 month period. I had a st...
4336029_tn?1352992022
My EKG said I have left axis deviation they are going to do 2 more tesrs stress test and for me to wear a holiter. Is this heart failure? Can I change it by making a big life change in diet and exercise and stop smoking? Thankyou
irishliz1962 | Last answer
Hello dear doctor, my dad who is a 62 year old chain smoker has been admitted to a local hospital after a bout of severe SOB and bloody sputum. On admission BNP was around 500 with progressive elevation of cardiac troponins. The cardiolo...
MSCripple | Last answer
4122676_tn?1350987376
Hello. Can u explain how "Hospice" work's and does it sometimes' work in different ways' as to the "rules?" I know a child that has been on Hospice for many years. She was told she was terminal at ate 3 YRS. The doctor's said she ha...
Brookit | Last answer
Have heart failure with EF about 30%.....taking 50mg cozaar....25mg aldactone...25mg toprolXL.....20mg lasix (as needed).....just curious if these meds I'm taking to keep BP in check also have properties that may actually help the heart?...
grannyheart | Last answer
Little history. 36 year old female. High chloresterol for over 6 years. ECG done year ago which showed 2 leaky valves. Last few months been retaining a lot of water. Doc put me on water pill, but now added lasix.with a year worth of refi...
Omahagirl76 | Last answer
This might be more suited to another forum but the others were closed to comments. Anyways, I'm a 50 year old male that's been having some issues with altitude illness. Last year I had a bout with hypertension as well. This may have resu...
50goingon25 | Last answer
Wishing to get some outside input on a pacemaker situation. I am trying to find out if the right ventricular lead can be removed from the apex and relocated at the right ventricular outlet tract (RVOT)? Based on the studies I have...
Dwiddle | Last answer
Hi im probably in the wrong forum but i cant seem to post in the other heart related ines anyway im amale in mid 30s in good health my problem stsrted a year ago when i entered the world of parenthood i get these chest thump sensations n...
dlr108 | Last answer
I have congestive heart failure, and in March of this year i received a defibrillator. For the last 3 weeks i have been having pain in my left nipple as well as it staying hard. The pain goes all through my left breast. Please help..
Sonya47 | Last answer
SOB
If a patient has pleural effusion in their lungs ..what's d next step the doctor should take?
funscruples | Last answer
I had open heart surgery in Feb 2011. I May 2011 I was in an auto accident. X-rays were done and everything was fine. I saw my heart Dr. and explained to him I was feeling a movement in the center of my chest right under my sternam. ...
Weazy594 | Posted
My husband went to a cardiologist office after a bout of severe tachycardia after which he does not feel well. A 2d echo was performed and was unremarkable as they told us. I would like your opinion on the echo values, given the the card...
Wickedweasel | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank