Aa
A
A
Close

Congestive Heart Failure Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

21 - 40 (of 1616) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My 47-year old husband is currently on his 9th day in what will likely end up to be an 11-day hospital visit. EF of 10%. He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure about 6 weeks ago after several months of misdiagnosis. His doct...
sonderella1 | Last answer
81 year old female, congestive heart failure, diabetes, triple bypass 15 yrs ago. Had heart attack 3 days ago, retaining lots of fluid despite the multiple doses of lasik given daily. Heart cath showed (picture attached). Doctors said...
Sawyers_momma | Last answer
I was diagnosed on March with CHF and my Dr. suggested I quit work. Well I have a family to feed and a house to pay for so that was not an immediate option. The company I worked for also was short staffed so I felt as if I could still c...
avianhunt | Last answer
I was recently diagnosed with CHF and had an ICD implanted due to several episodes of ventricular tachycardia while at the hospital. Post surgery I suffered a DVT in my left arm and was found to have a genetic mutation, Factor V Leiden, ...
tommytailspin | Last answer
my husband is 87 years old, has advanced codp, chf, afib, and bradycardia. the doctors want to put in a pacemaker Monday to speed up his heart rate (35 heart rate). I wonder if this is wise.
terrymanning | Last answer
my mother 70 years old known with diabetes for many years diagnosed before 6 years with coronary artery disease Ef was 30% she was stable without any symptom since diagnosis on lasix 40 mg, mononitrates, ramipril and aspirin just before ...
salamat | Posted
675329_tn?1297291978
was in hospital 3 months ago for chf. home for three months but no appetite, tired, no energy yet with chf. how long will she stay like this. she is on lots of heart meds and water pills. shortness of breath is much better. please help
helpme345 | Last answer
I was hospitalized for a severe blood clot in the IVC. After it was cleared, my doctor ran a scan and found (1) a Hiatal Hernia (2) a Pericardium Cyst that measures 2.7 cm adjacent to the IVC within the chest. How serious is this cyst ...
CherylKaren | Posted
in the beginning of my husband's issues he relied on the bi-pap machine, but then he started having problems w/ levels of carbon dioxide, which led to either lethargy and or heart failure; which then led to him getting a trach. with it h...
smokingzextra6 | Posted
I am caring for a friend who is 74 years old. She has congestive heart failure, failing kidneys, copd, diabetes, and stomach ulcers. She smokes and drinks a lot of diet soda. She has 0 energy most days. Just walking out to the dec...
2marc | Posted
My 35 year old husband has has stomach pains and digestive issues for at least 5 years. 5 years ago they said his stomach lining was in bad condition gave him sucralfate omeprazole and some meds for stomach cramping and pains. Hos stoma...
worriedwife51 | Posted
Hi there I am battling for some time on and off with strange symptoms that look like nocturnal dispneya but i get them sometimes during daytime but not severe as much as night. I am 39 years old and I beleive appart of having GErD and...
thebody75 | Posted
675329_tn?1297291978
will my mother ever get her energy back. i am waiting on her hand and foot. she just walks to commode and back. she is on alot of meds and tired. she has started pt twice week. she does exercises with pt but not when they are not here. s...
helpme345 | Last answer
My grandmother was just diagnosed with CHF. I have no clue how to cook on a low sodium diet. If anyone could help with a meal plan or point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.
amazing_grace10101 | Last answer
What normal tasks can you still do at 15% heart capacity?
PVanS | Last answer
I suspect my husband has congestive heart failure. I don't think his primary care physician is taking his health very seriously - he has every major symptom of CHF and he keeps giving him Prednisone Rxs, saying it's allergy related. Bu...
sonderella1 | Last answer
my brother has congestive heart failure and terminal lung cancer. He was diagnosed 1.5 years ago. He has had no treatments for cancer and meds to control heart issues. After diagnosis he quit smoking and started exercising. For the first...
Noel4th | Last answer
12492606_tn?1454099371
My 50 yr old friend had MI last year and is now class III CHF patient. He is considering joining the trial for the device which is a blood pressure cuff like device that fits over the aorta and can be placed using minimal invasive surge...
researcher09 | Posted
I'm male, 18, over the past few months life has been like hell for me. I get constant shortness of breath, I get dizzy often, I feel weak, and the thing that bothers me the most is the rapid heartbeats. It easily goes really high even wi...
raptor6 | Last answer
EF was 25% and 3 months passed and its 15% now. Had a heart attack 9mo ago at age 55. I only have about 1/2 of a kidney left. One removed after trama injury and other one I had a renal infarct that damaged the kidney.I had a mechanical a...
supernanna | Last answer
A
A
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1363339_tn?1338774653
Blank
1363339_tn?1338774653
Blank