Aa
A
A
Close
Cord Blood Community
Cord Blood is the blood that remains in a baby’s umbilical cord after it has been cut and is considered particularly important as it is a rich source of stem cells. Banking cord blood can be used for medical procedures late in life. Discuss topics including cord blood banking and donating.
21 - 40 (of 1530) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
We are expecting and I keep hearing this thing about core blood and storage. Tell me a little more about it and if you used it what comp...
1 answer |
How does the cord blood get stored? How is it used? & How long can it be stored?
|
Hi, A sample of cord blood taken during the birth of our daughter was found to be contaminated with the following bacteria: Enterococcus...
1765899 tn?1313676541
We are still in the stages of TTC and are going to be taking the route of IVF. I wanted to start doing my research though on cord blood ...
1 answer |
We are in New Jersey and expecting our first child in Jan 2014. We were thinking of umbilical cord stem cell storage, but it's too exp...
2 answers |
I'm confident about my decision to bank my child's cord blood, however the difficult decision now is where I should do it. A friend was h...
2 answers |
4118328 tn?1355501176
ima be a mommie soon and i think i want to do this, but i have no idea how to start off can any of you tell me how to do this?
1 answer |
So if my babies dad brother has lukimia n has to get a stem cell transplant could he just use it right away or would it cost a fortune fo...
1 answer |
I was wondering if there has been any research with cord blood helping to cure psoriasis. I want to save my babies cord blood for my husb...
3 answers |
1765899 tn?1313676541
I know this is an odd question but I have to ask out of curiousity. When they take your umbilical cord and placenta at birth do they aut...
1 answer |
463897 tn?1468017350
Hi, Please join me in welcoming Linzola1 as your new Community Leader! Linzola1 has experience and knowledge as it relates to Cord Bl...
I am new to this site and a new father to be in Feb 2010. I was wondering about core blood. Is this a good idea? Should I go private or...
1 answer |
432779 tn?1364498475
I have been seriously thinking about the cord blood collection and I think I am going to do it. I know it is expensive but I dont want to...
1 answer |
432779 tn?1364498475
I have been thinking about doing this and was wondering if anyone has any stories or knows of anyone who has used the cord blood? I am a...
2 answers |
how many of you are saving your babys cord blood?? I am almost 19 weeks pregnant and woudl like to save the babys cord blood but have fo...
9 answers |
Has anyone kept their newborns cord blood? My husband and I are pregnant with your last child and looking at the options of storing the ...
4 answers |
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Cord Blood Community Resources