Aa
A
A
Close

Cord Blood Community

Cord Blood is the blood that remains in a baby’s umbilical cord after it has been cut and is considered particularly important as it is a rich source of stem cells. Banking cord blood can be used for medical procedures late in life. Discuss topics including cord blood banking and donating.

21 - 40 (of 35) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I was wondering if there has been any research with cord blood helping to cure psoriasis. I want to save my babies cord blood for my husband that has psoriasis. Can any one help due in April.
  Posted
1765899 tn?1313676541
I know this is an odd question but I have to ask out of curiousity. When they take your umbilical cord and placenta at birth do they automatically donate it to public cord banks now?
  Posted
463897 tn?1448485050
Hi, Please join me in welcoming Linzola1 as your new Community Leader! Linzola1 has experience and knowledge as it relates to Cord Blood, and we look forward to working with everyone to grow your new community! Best, Cheryl MH...
  Posted
1330108 tn?1333680904
Is anyone else doing cord blood banking? If so which company are you going with? I am doing it and I think I'm going with cord blood registry.
  Posted
393893 tn?1283554830
Have any of you heard of saving the blood cells from the umbilical cord? I read about it in a parents magazine. A woman had had twins and saved hers. One of the twins had CB so they used some of the blood cells from it's umbilical cor...
  Posted
I've recently been doing some research on donating cord blood of my baby so that it can be potentially be used to cure diseases like ALS. I'm heavily considering this option, but am not sure whether the procedure poses any risk to the b...
  Posted
432779 tn?1364498475
I have been seriously thinking about the cord blood collection and I think I am going to do it. I know it is expensive but I dont want to ever say what if?
  Posted
432779 tn?1364498475
I have been thinking about doing this and was wondering if anyone has any stories or knows of anyone who has used the cord blood? I am a murphys law kind of person and if I dont do something just in case, it tends to come back to bite m...
  Posted
Anyone planning on banking their cord blood? It doesn't seem to be an issue my OB/GYN has even talked about with me, but I see all the advertisments all over my pregnancy and child mags. I know this topic (stem cell research) is still ve...
  Posted
how many of you are saving your babys cord blood?? I am almost 19 weeks pregnant and woudl like to save the babys cord blood but have found thats its costly... I am 36 and this will likely be my last I have three more 15,12,and 9. I d...
  Posted
Has anyone kept their newborns cord blood? My husband and I are pregnant with your last child and looking at the options of storing the cord blood for future use. Thank You
  Posted
Hi, everyone, We are expecting a baby and are planning to bank cord blood stem cells. However, mom-to-be has hepatatis B and we are wondering if having the decease makes the stem cells contaminated and unusable in future. Thanks,...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cord Blood Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...