Aa
A
A
Close

Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

1 - 20 (of 189) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, My Dad (64) had quadruple Bypass surgery on the 8th of December 2015 (it's been about 4 weeks) He's recovering well, except he always has nausea and stomach discomfort. He has gastritis prior to the surgery. Does anyon...
MariaJessica | Posted
Hello! In august after using alcohol on hangover I felt very bad - I had somekind of attack (spasms in chest - like my chest muscles are cramping, sweating - heart attack symptoms). I had this feeling before after using alcohol (not a...
mangoose1990 | Posted
61 yr old male. Had stress test and echocardiogram last feb. doc said my heart was healthy and strong ( ran on stress test like a 40 yr old (doc's words). Recently my extra best problem has become more noticeable. Also increase in caffei...
DPHx2 | Last answer
Did a 24 hour Holter Monitor because i was having palps . Had 2 stents inserted 2 months ago, Wasn't feeling well, had another angio two weeks ago, all was ok. Was having palpatations, Doc ordered a 24 hour holter monitor. Got results to...
Dolphinsman | Last answer
Hi I'm a 25 year old female and for the last month or so I've been having very strange and sometimes severe chest/back pain that radiates to the inside of my upper left arm. Pain seems to stay mostly on the left side but ventures to the ...
Mar218 | Last answer
This is my angio report. I want to know the severity of my condition CATHETER USED - TIG 5Fr - Right radial artery route PRE ANGIO PRESSURE(AORTA): 125/...
JIBAN_KALITA | Posted
Hello, My name is Crissy, I'm 24 years old and for the last year I have been having heart disease symptoms, with no answers as to why! I have seen a cardiologist, who ordered a slue of tests (I've had an echo, a basic stress test, a 24...
mosley89 | Last answer
what does mean was it bad could i have had a heart attackright coronary atrery is a codominant vssel with mild irregularities left mainstem is ok lad is smallvessel withproximal 80 per cent stenosis the ramus has a proximal 80 per cen...
luxor | Posted
Hello, My father, aged 52, was detected to have had a silent heart attack during a routine ECG at the family physician. We got him admitted and had an angiography done for him. It showed multiple blockages. I have added the diagram tha...
anirudhjjw | Posted
What does my coronary angiography report indicates? EF %: 35-40% L.M: Normal LAD:90-95% long lesion of mid segment LCX:no significant disease RCA: Dominant vessel 50-60% concentric lesion of proximal segment Final diagnosis: 2VD ...
AghaS | Posted
I am a distance runner and recently had an abnormal EKG which led to a stress test which led to an echo which led to the CTA. Below are the results. Can I still run as I did before? I am waiting to see my cardiologist but this has bee...
radehoover | Last answer
In my case, the rationale given for a cardiac catheterization is "suspicion" of blockage. At high risk for complications of the procedure itself, being mentally prepared for an invasive procedure is very difficult. Might women who have...
Betonaster | Last answer
i walked around for years with High Triglycerides, low HDL, high LDL. 4 years ago, lost about 30 pounds got it all under control, for the most part. Last month i did routine bloodwork, Total Cholesterol 136, Triglycerides, 148, HDL 31 (l...
Dolphinsman | Posted
I'm 58 and known case of hypertension on tablet Telma AM ( telmesartan and amlong) and I'm taking tablets for hypertension. I got my routine tests done . My cholesterol is 218 and LDL is slightly elevated too. My ECG is normal. My echo s...
kprock1 | Posted
My husband had a 1.0-2.0 mmhorizontal/downsloping ST depression in the inferolateral walls on a stress test. exercise capacity above average for his age. Lv functions all normal LVEF 70%. Dr. wanted to put stents in. and did not wan...
jbart17 | Last answer
I have stents after a angioplasty. No heart disease, but 70% blockage. I also have a very bad back. I read NSAIDS are dangerous, but the only other option for my back is opioids. Are NSAIDS safe for me to take? Thanks so much.
Dan9999 | Posted
I recently had a Cardiac Calcium screening- My results are LMA- 0, LAD 113, LCX 24.59, RCA 0.89 and PDA 0. A total agatston units of 138.48. From what I can read is the LAD my main concern? My PA didn't seem too concerned. I was diagnose...
Homer503 | Posted
folks I am 57 yrs old, never smoked , pretty good shape as I used to play pro soccer About 4 yrs ago I had an Arterial stiffness test that was quite high, i think around 120 was my score My GP sent me for a Calcium CT scan at the local...
john6941 | Posted
In November 2014 I had a small cyst removed from my left arm pit, I have had it for years but it became very visible after I lost over 60 pounds. My doctor said it was nothing but fatty tissue; however I still have tenderness there and ...
drc63 | Posted
I have 8 med stents fully lining in my LCA forming a full metal jacket And two others in adjacent arteries. The last was placed in February 2015. I have been on plavix for over 8 years. My ekgs always show sinus rhythm or bradyca...
Mcdonaldrob | Posted
A
A
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Calex324 is ... Comment
Apr 08
Blank