Dementia Community

Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

41 - 60 (of 98) questions
Brain Health Community: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Brain-Health/show/1582 This community is a place where members who are age 50 and older can find information and support pertaining to memory, problem solving, language skills and...
MH Community Mgr | Posted
I am going into my 9th year with dementia with an Alzheimer type. Am 69 year old female on Namenda 10 mg. bid. recently have developed hand tremors, and am unsteady on my feet. recent MRI showed Globular deep white matter T2 and FLAIR ...
ginger44 | Posted
My 11 year old son's brain MRI just came back with: T2 hyperintense structure in the left parietal white matter measuring 3 mm is most compatible with prominent perivascular space. We don't go back to the doctors for another 2 weeks. ...
BusterBay | Posted
when i get up in the morning i feel dizzy sometimes it goes away but, today ive been dizzy all day especailly when i bow down my head what can cause this?
estela10979 | Last answer
Does all progressive dementias show brain atrophy or degeneration on mris?
Bodylove222 | Last answer
My father has been placed on 4 new meds in Nov 2012 for his dementia and depression .Now he is having a great diffuctly urinating will go for 12 hrs at times .I was wondering if it could be caused from any of the new meds he has been pla...
t3_t2 | Last answer
My brother who has dementia lives with my sister who is his carer. However she does not give him his daily statin as she read in a newspaper that statins cause memory loss. She said his dr agreed he could stop taking them. I have been l...
CLOGGER | Last answer
My 78 year old father was diagnosed with dimentia about 5 years ago. Finding that there are good days and bad days with this disease. Last night my father was speaking with my sister in CA (we live in MI) and she was talking about her bo...
bunkywoo | Last answer
My wife has HM and is having migraine attacks 7 to 8 times each day. Sometimes these attacks cause memory loss. She can't remember what we watched on TV the night before or several days before. She sometimes doesn't people who have been ...
jsquaredtwo | Last answer
I have dementia that has been determined to be of neurological origin but not progressive. It can cause episodes of cognitive confusion and memory loss that can be of concern. Last night I had to change the Catapres application I am pr...
ILADVOCATE | Last answer
My Mother, who is no longer with us had dementia and I saw what it did to her. I moved her into my home and took care of her until her doctor advised a skilled nursing home for her. I visited her every day and it was heartbreaking to...
joyanna243 | Last answer
My mother who is 70, has been diagnosed with a Vascular Dementia Condition. This is further complicated by depression. She is on treatment for depression, asprin and a statin. I always thought Dementia was a slow progressing condition...
ewan | Posted
hi Am writing this for my dad. he is 74 yrs of age. he has severe behavioral problems ,like shouting to family members in public, not eating timely food mostly skipping the meals, sleep disorders, urinary incontinence and mood shifts. ...
shubby93 | Last answer
My mother is in end stage dementia, is bedridden and has renal failure and double incontinence, she has had dementia for about 6 years and has gone downhill rapidly this year having just come out of hospital being she had malnutrition d...
kaylesley | Last answer
Hello, My father, aged 68, has been diagnosed with Senile Dementia. He was reporting minor memory losses for about an year, which we thought to be normal at this age, until last week when he had a severe headache and we took him to...
blackystrat | Last answer
I found out a while ago that dementia runs in my family, its in my mothers side but its normally in very old age im only 21 yet show a lot of signs I’ve had a horrible memory since I was a kid. In Primary School I would be asked to ge...
Hi_Natz | Last answer
what is initial drug in the treatment of mild dementia
ma004700 | Last answer
Hi, My father was detected with semantic demantia about a year back. He was having problems in identifying objects and spelling out the words. The MRI scan showed degradation of the brain and the neurologist confirmed semantic dementia a...
itsthejackal | Posted
My Mother, an 82 yo DM2, has had an MRI, DX small vessel dementia. She has declined over the last decade. She doesn't recognize her children, short term memory is < 3 min. She is anxious and fearful. If we stop her meds; Metoprolol, ...
cathrand | Last answer
Three years ago I had an MRI scan for persistent headache. No cause found but "incidental" finding was "marked frontal lobe atrophy". I was sixty then. Neurologist examined and assessed me and said I had absolutely no dementia symptom...
paddiwack | Last answer
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dementia Community Resources