Aa
A
A
Close

Dental Health Forum

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

1 - 20 (of 4573) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Had anyone experience Root Canal (per tooth) Surgery? My dentist suggested me about this but I don't trust her because I know it's to expensive and painful. But when I go to other dentist to ask 2nd opinion, they also suggested it to me....
  Posted
Hi I have recently noticed a repulsive smell when I rub my finger along the gum in one area at the back of my mouth. I don't get this smell from anywhere else, or even when flossing near that tooth. I do have a crown on the tooth an...
  Posted
What's a good over the counter way to help whitten my teeth that won't hurt my enamel that actually works I don't wanna waste my money?
  Posted
I had a crown put on a broken tooth 10 days ago. I still have an ulcer and quite a bit of pain on the gum under the crown. The novacaine injection hurt terribly, like never before. Could there have been some damage that I still have pain...
  Posted
Hi, I am on clindamycin 300mg for a tooth abscess. The dentist drilled a hole in the tooth for drainage. The swelling seems to be going down, but very slowly.Is this typically a slow process?
  Posted
On the first I had a molar on the bottom right side of my mouth prepped for a permament crown. The dentist said I didn't need a root canal but that a previous filling was cracked and a small cavity developed under it. During the procedur...
  Posted
i have a couple of questions about abscesses. last week i developed an abcsess in my tooth. my cheek became very swollen. the doctor said the infection from the abscess had passed from my tooth into my cheek. they put me on keeflex. with...
  Posted
Last Tuesday i had tooth # 2 removed ( Upper ) and next day i came down with a major Migraine and few days later my body started to hurt and nose got congested , i went to the Dr. who said this was a sinus infection. I searched online a...
  Posted
Hello,i had a tooth restored with resin that looks exactly like enamel,it looks good but the problem is that i am having an allergic reaction to the resin material. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the resin while preser...
  Posted
A few years ago, a dentist I was seeing told me that I was brushing improperly in a sawlike motion and had caused slight damage to the gum surrounding one tooth. He immediately wanted to bond my tooth, despite very slight recession. I ...
  Posted
I had 7 teeth extracted on Tuesday with general anasthetic. When I came around the Doctor advised that they had some problems removing one of the wisdom teeth, and said I now had a dry socket. She didn't really explain it well, can anyo...
  Posted
HELP! dentures took away my pretty face and im only in my 30's! While I was taking several medications attempting to get the right ones etc, my dentist mentions casualy that my gums are receading. Thats it and that ment zip to me so ...
  Posted
97628 tn?1204465633
Hello, and thank you. I got a dental crown on a lower right molar (1st molar ) two years ago. Shortly after the placement of the crown I started getting non stop dizziness. It was first diagnosed as Labrynthitis and then later as BPPV...
  Posted
Hi, I had a crown (my first one) put on one of my molars 3 weeks ago. The procedure went without any problems, but since I have had the crown on I started to have other problems and wondered if there might be a relation. I woke up with...
  Posted
My problem started 6 months ago when I was on an antibiotic (metronidazole) for 1 week. The antibiotic did its job but caused this condition called "hairy tongue" as a side effect that seems permanent. My tongue looks like it has a w...
  Posted
In December of 2008 (or was it 2007? probably 2008) I was out at a bar and got elbowed in the face, specifically just to the right of my nose. By the next morning I had a black eye, and 3 or 4 of my teeth - the incisors and the canine ...
  Posted
5911351 tn?1376537493
I have been to 3 different dental offices with the exact problem, all have a different answer. I have severe tooth sensitivity in tooth 2,3,4 the tooth number 4 has a galvantic shock in it, just recently its starting to shock when eatin...
  Posted
After I had dental cleaning and fluoride treatment I noticed these brown streaks in five of my fingernails. My thumb actually has two of these streaks. The streaks are from beginning of nail to the free edge. Anyone else ever see thi...
  Posted
Six days ago my wife had a partial done and they removed 14 teeth off the top and fitted her with a new set of chompers apart from the "normal" pain and soreness the dentist says she's healing wonderfully. Today she is noticing more pain...
  Posted
I just got a small resin based filling put in a molar (tooth 30 they call it) and a part of my tooth is very sharp. It's not rubbing up against anything, but I'm a bit concerned about it. I'm not even quite sure if it's the tooth or the ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now