Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

tobacco user noticing Red Blister

30y/o ma, 14 yr Skoal tobacco user 1 can per day.  I have noticed recently a few clear blisters apearing one at a time then dissapearing.  Today I noticed a 1cm raised red blister next to a clear blister, sensitive to touch.  In the area of the lower lip. Thoughts...
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You are playing with fire. Oral cancer is very very serious. I would suggest you cease using the Skoal and see an oral surgeon asap(without hesitation).
Helpful - 0
dont be scared-- just get it checked out. I cant tell what it is obviously without seeing you, but many of these lesions are pre-cancerous and go away when you quit. many are also not cancer at all. you cant go back to yesterday. think about the rest of your life.  keep me posted pleAse on this forum. i'd like to know what the oral surgeon says. relax.
Helpful - 0
my thoughts ( I am a dentist)  are 4 fold

1: do some internet research on the increased incidence of oral cancer in smokeless tobacco users
2: do some internet research on the severity of this type of cancer-- it is not fun, and neither is the  
    surgery that goes along with it.
3: at that point, make the decision to quit.
4: see an oral surgeon for a diagonosis of the lesion you currently have. there is no way to make a
    diagnosis over the internet but you are right to be concerned.

Helpful - 0
thank you mike, I'm stopping today, very frightened, also just noticed white lukoplakia oposite side lower lip.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.