Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

White soft lump on gums

Hi there, thanks for any answers to my question.

On the gum in between two of my teeth on my upper left middle set is a small (1 or 2 mm) painless white lump.  To add to that the whole "piece" of gum that is between my two teeth looks and feels swollen.  It almost looks as if i had had cut right  where my gums go down between these two teeth teeth leaving this little patch of swollen gum.

It doesn't bleed at all, even when vigourously brushing or flossing, nor does it hurt.

It has been around for a couple weeks, getting neither bigger or smaller.  Neither of the teeth on either side hurt at all.

Any idea what it could be?  Some food that got stuck in there?  I have been eating a lot of popcorn lately.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Soft white lump on gum was started.
Helpful - 0
It's probably a fistula, which is a sign of infection.  They can be stable, painless, and durable.  See a dentist right away so you don't lose any of the teeth around the bump.
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It is possible that  you traumatized the tissue and or have a piece of pop corn kernel under the gum, either way I would see your dentist for a consult.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.