Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

painful hard bump on gum

I have porcelain crowns on all of my top teeth & have had trouble with my upper right canine tooth since they were first put on approx. 3 yrs ago.  It has loosened & needed to be glued many times.  There's a deep pocket between that tooth & the next one toward the back & I've had a hard, very painful bump above these teeth on the gum for almost 8 months.  The canine tooth is very sensitive to any pressure also.  My dentist cut open the gum & scraped it a few months ago & it was ok for a while but now it's worse than ever. She has taken x-rays & they show nothing. When I press on the bump it will bleed sometimes but never any pus.  Any ideas on what I should do?  I'm thinking I should see an oral surgeon?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, painful lump on gum was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, bump on top gum was started.
Helpful - 0
Please let me know if you find anything out at ***@****, Funny thing is I had the same work and the bump is in the same spot you described. I dont think its a bone, Mine is tender and sore but yet soft. Almost feels like the size of a marble stuck in there. I had my work done about 7 years ago and this just came about last week.
Helpful - 0
the bump may be bone and nothing to worry about
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I think you need to see a periodontist first.If there is a pocket then there should be something visible on the x-ray.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.