Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

trigeminal neuralgia

I have been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. When I first started taking trileptal the pain completely went away and I was sure I was cured. But only within three weeks I was woken up with the same pain again, though not as severe as before. The pain has made all my top left teeth extremely sensitive which is normal with the condition but now, the left side of my palate is also swollen. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the neuralgia or not. My palate is so painful that I find it hard to speak and swallow. If you could please help me and give advice I would be very grateful. Thank you.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The advice would be to see your dentist asap.
Helpful - 0
Thanks. I did. Not only do I have trigeminal neuralgia but I have an infection that has pushed my teeth down. Now I've got twice the pain!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.