Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

bump on roof of mouth

I have a very small red bump on the roof of my mouth.  I noticed it when I ran my tongue across it.  It is about the size of the point of a ballpoint pen.  It is like a little blister.  I had scraped my fingernail across it and popped it.  It was just clear liquid that was in it.  It does not hurt at all but I am extremely worried about it and afraid to go to the doctor because I am afraid that it is cancer.  I do smoke about 5 cigarettes a day.  I have smoked on and off for about 8 years.  I will be 27 years old next month.  Can you please help?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
In  all likelyhood it is nothing serious. Two things both of which are pretty obvious, firstly you should stop smoking no matter how many you smoke and secondly you should see an oral surgeon to get a definitive diagnosis. If it is serious which I doubt very much it should be treated asap. From your description it is not the way cancer presents itself--that being said get it looked at.
Helpful - 0
firstly, most likely it is not cancer but rather a "mucocele", which is basically a saliva filled bubble. they are common. If you get another one, go to your dentist and have him or her look at it if not for anything else than to reassure you. secondly, contemplate how scared you are about cancer, and think about this--- smoking kills people. it gives people lung cancer. when you are given a diagnosis of lung cancer, you're most often dead within a few years, if not months. You don't get better from it. quit
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.