Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried about white pimples on gums

My husband has some really nasty looking white pimples on his upper gums. Is this contagious? What cold it be? Can it be treated with an over the counter drug? Please help.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It's impossible to tell what your husband's condition is without seeing the lesions.  Best bet is to get to a dentist to have an examination and diagnosis.
Helpful - 0
Not sure what you mean by "under his gums", but regardless it would be impossible to tell you what it may be without seeing him. It would also be improper to suggest any way to treat it. My best advice is to have him see a general dentist for a set of films and an examination, and if the nature of his "white pimples" is still unclear, I'd see a periodontist or an oral surgeon for a definitive answer.
Helpful - 0
sorry, i re-read your post....misred "upper" as "under". my response is still the same-- he needs to have it looked at in order to receive a diagnosis/treatment
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.