Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

continual peeling inside mouth

I have had peeling in my mouth for quite some time.  This week it seems as if it is occuring everyday.  What do you think this could be?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had the same problem years ago and my dentist told me that a small percentage of people are allergic to tartar control toothpaste and it causes the peeling inside the mouth. Sure enough, it stopped happening when I went back to regular toothpaste. Anytime I have been in a pinch and had to substitute tartar control it happens again. Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
i'd see an oral surgeon or periodontist to help diagnose the problem. cold be a myriad of things
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Sometimes the tissue can become dry and outer surface will exfoliate. I do not think it is serious but I think it should be seen for a definitive diagnosis. Either your regular dentist or an oral surgeon.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.