Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vaginal ulcer

I've been suffering from an ulcer on the inside of my vagina wall for about 8 mos. now.  It's very painful during intercourse but otherwise it doesn
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I just read your problem and now it is 2009 and wonder how you made out.  I have a similar problem undiagnosed and I use L lysine pills off and on along with extra vitamin C and it has help me.    
For the man with a sore on his penis, he should be tested for herpes if it keeps returning.  
Helpful - 0
well I recently had like a similar sounding ulcer on my penis, here is what I did and it seems to help and has gone away. maybe it will help an ucler on your  vagina but I am no doctor. Try put some generic anti itch hydrocortisone cream . It comes in a tube at grocery store like shoprite for about $2.99.

then get some desenex athelets foot powder and spinkle it all over your crotch area, a few times a day for a week and see if t helps. I am no Dr though, just sayn what helped me. but wait n see how your surgery workd out before you try it but I don't see how it could hurt. good luck with your vagina.
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,

Have you had your surgery done already?

Was a histopath examination done on the excised tissue?

I suggest that you follow this up with your physician.I know that you are frustated about this .If you just had a surgery , I suggest that you avoid applying anything in the area as this may cause further irritation.For the meantime,  it is best to observe if the surgery is effective in totally eliminating the ulcer and if this shall prevent it from recurring.If there are no signs of skin lesions or symptoms right now ,it is best to just observe how this will progress.

Application of any abrasive substances on the area post surgery may disrupt the healing process.Wait awhile and see.Discuss any of your concerns with your physician.
Helpful - 0
So did they say what type of ulcer you have?  That sounds really painful.  I think I will try it though b/c I don't know what else to do.  Thaks for the suggestion!
Helpful - 0
I had the same symptoms also, went and had every disease you could think of cked for yet all came back negative they gave me all kinds of antibiotics yet nothing wked so i tried something myself....i took on a q-tip and dabbed it in peroxide and put it on the ulcer....it burnt like crazy but did this for 2 times a day it it went away....and now if i think its coming back, then i don't wait for it to get worse, i go to my mode of 2 times a day till gone again....this wked for me more than anything the Dr could give me. Hope this wks good luck,.....!!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions