Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

gimme some remedy...

i have this itchy skin irritation around my testicles/scrotum. The problem is the area gets sweaty, which causes me to scratch it and then it becomes red but does not bleed though?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

The symptoms are suggestive of Jock itch. Jock itch shows up in post-adolescent men and hormonal changes during puberty,lifestyle and heredity each play a role.Predisposing fungal disease like tines cruris may also aggravate it.

It has to be differentiated from yeast infections,impetigo and psoriasis which may mimic it.

Keep your groin area dry and keep a separate towel for yourself. Most forms of jock itch respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, and clotrimazole.
http://www.thirdage.com/exercise-fitness/tinea-cruris-aka-jock-itch

Other possibilities are xerotic eczema,senile pruritis,atopic dermatitis,contact dermatitis,parasitic infestations,diabetes and liver or kidney pathologies.

Hope it helped. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.

Helpful - 0
I have had a similar problem for the past year. When it started I realised that I had had this condition before - when I was 10 and again in my twenties - I am now in my forties - it was always when I had a cold and my immune system was run down.

I have experienced pain in my anal region, tingling on my scrotum, reddened scrotal skin and terrible itching. It has been difficult to walk, sit or do any physical exercise. My life has been a living hell!!!

I have tried everything to cure it and spent a great deal of time searching the web for solutions.

HOWEVER, THE GOOD NEWS IS IT'S GONE!!!!

Here's what I found out - it's caused by bacteria that shouldn't be where they are (!) - and the cure for me has been to apply VINEGAR - these bugs don't like acid and what we all tend to do is apply alkaline based solutions to the affected area - making the condition worse!

I have applied approx 3 tablespoons of vinegar mixed with 6 tablespoons of water to the affected area - I had relief from the tingling in a matter of 3 hours and all the pain went within 6 hours.

I have been pain and discomfort free for three days now.

Try it - what do you have to lose apart from the pain

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions