Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Large pores/blackheads on nose

I have had a problem with blackheads on my nose since I was a teenager.  Does anyone know of any good treatments?  Everything I use dries out my skin and then it scabs and looks awful.  thanks!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,

Just avoid picking on the black heads. They may get infected in the process and the swelling and infection may cause scarring and disclorations.

Ask your physician regarding the use of a deep pore cleansing treatment which may involve exfoliation and extraction by the dermatologist.Ask help from your physician on the proper way to use steam in opening the pores prior to cleansing the face. Be careful with the use of steam.

Keep a daily facial regimen. Exfoliate, cleanse , tone and moisturise the skin. Use mild unscented and hypoallergenic products to avoid drying and irritation.

Take lots of water and keep a balanced meal. Exercise and get adequate amount of sleep.

I hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
I have the same problem,I'm 28  and have suffered from blackheads since high school. I have squeezed them and use the Biore strips which can hurt but its a temporary fix.I get real oily around that area its just gross! I feel u
Helpful - 0
the easiest thing to do to get rid of black heads, is to get some astrengent(spelling) and water it down it wont dry your skin out and still should dry up the black heads.
Helpful - 0
the easiest thing to do to get rid of black heads, is to get some astrengent(spelling) and water it down it wont dry your skin out and still should dry up the black heads.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions