Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Children's acne

My three year old nephew has reccuring acne like pimples {similar to white heads} on his nose.  How should my sister treat this?  Is it normal?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Pimples was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, 4 year with acne like hitng on face was started.
Helpful - 0
My son had baby acne and is know 5 years old, he has beed left with scaring on his face, the scaring has faded slightly but his cheeks have many (acne pot marks) will they complete go?
I rub 'Starflower' cream onto his face twice a day.
Helpful - 0
What soap do you recommed to use?  Currently my sister is using Johnson's Head to Toe baby wash is it better to use a non children specific soap like Dove.
Helpful - 0
my guess is blocked glands; which means harmless.  we'll see what the good doc has to say!

speaking of the good doc, this appears to be the only way to find my way into this forum!  so, i am taking my opportunity.  i have search every question on this forum, & have also gone to sites on the internet which have pictures of derm. conditins & can find nothing that looks like this!  my 19 y/o daughter has what looks like a small reddish pimple on the side of her face, by her upper cheekbone, expect it does not do what pimples do, as in grow, fill with pus, go away.  it's just sorta, kinda there.  apparently she started picking at it and when she squeezed it, fluid tinged w/ blood came out.  but the strange thing is this; there is a very distinct circle around this thing; so perfect it looks like an artist drew it; wher the skin pigmentation has changed to a white color; (she's fair skinned, but this is white).  the red pimple like thing has remained the same size, but this circle is growing!!  any ideas?? thanks.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Colleen:

No doubt you are describing milia, or cysts, which are common at all ages, including children.  They are not acne whiteheads, although they look like them.  No treatment is warranted.  They'll probably go away over time.  Cause is not known, but is not related to soap, moisturizer, or other products.

Best.

Dr. R
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions