Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

what is it

for a few years now i have been getting some type of blisters on the palms of my hands. they look like pimples, that never get heads. They often get very sore and then seem to fade in about a week or so. They leave small scars which then often fade. I have used steroid creams, but they often only irritated them more. Sometimes i pop them and they will fade quicker.From researching, it may be some form of  dishydrotic eczema or a type of herpes, is there any way to tell what it is? I do have allergies and have had eczema on my arms before. Any suggestions?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have these blisters on my vigina, i had them since i was 7. i am 16 now at first i thought it was herpes till i thought about it. They are white like herpes,but sometimes they draining the white fluid from inside of them.
          :please till me what this could be:
Helpful - 0
I have these same bumps on my butt cheeks. I have never had bad acne and these feel a little like pimples that never come to head and they are dark red or purple which fade to brown scars. I only started getting them after the birth of my first child. Could these be the same type of bumps you described? Could they be related to my slight weight gain? I have other wise clear skin and am perplexed at acne-like bumps on my bum, know what I mean? Weird! Oh, yeah! They are slightly painful and there is no bumps (they are flat) and I seem to keep about 6-8 at a time. They seem to fade and go away but then reutrn mostly in the same spots later.

Thanks! Momtoomom2

Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It certainly isn't herpes, which is localized, and thus wouldn't appear on both hands.

Dyshidrotic eczema is more likely.  "Dyshidrotic" means "bad sweating," because they used to think these blisters on palms and soles were malfunctioning sweat glands.  They aren't, bit no one knows for sure what they are, but they aren't catchy.

This condition comes and goes.  Creams make little difference.  Popping them isn't likely to help, and may delay healing.

I advise you to show a doctor for definitive diagnosis.  Perhaps he or she can suggest topical therapy to help you across troubling periods when you can't ignore the condition.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions