Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Jock Itch?

About three weeks ago, I noticed some pinkish skin between my right thigh and the area which borders my right testicle.  I also noticed a very slight pinkish color on my left side as well. There was some slight itching.  I have also had ongoing athlete's foot symptoms, but mainly just itching - no red sores on my feet.
I workout daily, but sometimes didn't make the time to take another shower immediately after the workout.  I was also probably not changing towels often enough, and was using the same towel to wipe my feet and genital areas.  I have stopped doing that now, and change bath towels twice per week.  

I have received some relief by using Lotrimin spray powder for the jock itch and Tinactin for the athlete's feet.  I still get itching in my feet sometimes, but no blisters.
After four weeks of using the Lotrimin, the jock itch seems to have diminished signficantly.  However, there is still a slight pinkish color on my right testicle, and the area of my thigh which it borders. It does not itch, but I am wondering why it hasn't gone away.  The left side is completely healed.  Also, if I don't use the spray, my testicle still seems to slightly stick to my thigh a little, but no more that it probably did before.  Could constant use of the Lotrimin spray powder have discolored my testicle slightly?  Does this sound like jock itch to you?  Also, I am wondering if dirty sheets at a massage therapy place could have caused this?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, jock itch was started.
Helpful - 0
I used Zeasorb medicated powder and it has worked very well.  The chafing went away, but I have to use it a couple of times per day.
Helpful - 0
I'm pretty sure i have jock rash, I have a read sore area between my testicles and thigh, it extends slightly onto my thigh's but not onto my testicles at all.

the are seams to sweat more than it should, and this sweating makes it worse.
The area is sometimes itchy but not always, and a long cool bath helps relieve the itching and reduces the size of the red patch.

I guessed this was some sort or rash caused by the sweating, and so in a bit to help keep things cool I've been going without under-where, is this a wise thing to do to help ? I've now been checking the web  and read that i should where loose fitting under-where, but no-body said anything about going without.

Ive had this for more than a year now, it's never really bothered me that much but now that its coming into summer time theres extra sweat and the are is redder than before.

what should I do to help with this ?

I would rather not go to my doctors.
I's still a virgin so I'm not worried about STD's + its not on my penis/testicles.

will talk'n'powder help to dry the area up and cure this ?
I've tried Vaseline and it didn't seam to help much.

Is there anything i can buy from the supermarket that will help with this ? I'm very shy and don't really want to go to the chemists and ask for some "jock itch cream"

thanks in advance for any help you can give me :-)

anonymous. (belinea is the make of my monitor)
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Your question includes several common misconceptions.  First, fungus doesn't come from dirt or delayed showering.  Second, fungus in the groin doesn't correlate with fungus on the feet.

Most important, however, is the fact that you very likely don't have fungus and never did--if it had been fungus, Lotrimin would have cleared you up long ago.  You probably have chafing, which will respond to a couple of days of 1% non-Rx hydrocortisone, powdering, and time.

Try it.  If it still bothers you in 10 days, show a doctor.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions