Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

WHY MY TOENAILS ARE YELLOW AND THIK?

I SUFFER SINCE 10 YEARS AGO THAT KIND OF INFECTION; FIRST IT STARED WITH MY PINKY AND NOW ALL MY NAILS ARE SICK. I SPENT $200 IN A MEDICINE THAT I SAW IN A TV COMERCIAL, THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND STILL NOTHING.  PLEASE HELP ME..  THANK'S
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your nail condition certainly sounds like a fungus problem. If I were you I would try applying regular cider vinegar to each nail. Just swab the vinegar on after you shower in the morning and again before you go to bed. This method has helped alot a people and hopefully you will see fresh new pink nails start to appear after a month or so...good luck!
Helpful - 0
i had to have my two big toenails removed after dealing with a fungal infection for MANY years. they were removed SEVERAL times and finally after dealing with the pain for 20 years, i had them permenetly removed 10 years ago thinking that would be that. all my other toenails are the same way now, (not quite as severe) and they come off easily, with new nails growing underneath the ones that come off. they flake and peel..  i suggest you get to a doctor and be treated.... dont let it go on like i did.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Thick toenails are often fungal infection.  If that diagnosis is found, your doctor can prescribe an oral antifungal antibiotic to take for 90 days, and that will very likely clear you up.  Ask your doctor.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions