Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Dark Colour lips

Hi, I am a 27-year-old male, currently over the past 12 months both my lips are changing colour to a dark blue\black colour. This is only on my lips and a colour difference is visible comparing to the inside of my mouth.

I do smoke, currently average of 5 per day, i do not drink tea or coffee.

I wish to restore the colour of my lips to the natural "pink" colour they should be. Its a problem as its getting worse now, Can you advise me,  what & how to do??? Is there any products available to help me?

Lastly is this a common problem? its making me feel uncomfortable as people are starting notice this when having a conversation, your help & advice would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, lips problem was started.
Helpful - 0
hello there. i hope all is well. before i used to smoke i used to have pink lips. now after smoking soo much i have black lips. i know that is due to smoking and not due to drinking tea as ive did that all my life. stop smoking sunnyv to further discolour yr lips. i u have found a way of restoring natural colour to yr lips then plz let me know. or if anyone has plz let me no. thanks a million. ***@**** is my email add.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I am really not sure.  I suspect that the color is something touching your lips from the outside, rather than something from within.  I advise you to catalogue any chemicals, colorants, dyes in oral products like toothpaste, or anything that could be coming in contact with your lips.  I then advise you to see a skin doctor and to bring any photographs which might document the extent of the change you believe you are seeing.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions