Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

stinging penis and Hypopigmentation

I have been to a dermatologist about this and he said: "I think that in six months you will barely be able to tell it's there". That was a month ago and I am fighting the desire to visit another dermatologist but figured that this was cheaper than the $160 dollars that would require.

12 weeks ago, a doctor removed 2 tiny tiny warts on my penis with acid...he put acid on an area larger than the warts, about the size of a pea in each area.

1)Now, 12 weeks later, I have two white-ish spots that sting slightly, as if one final layer of skin was still missing.
Shouldn't it not be stinging by now? When should I start considering the stinging abnormal?

2)There seems to be small "fingers" of pigment that are creeping in from the edges of the spot...could this mean that it's repigmenting... hopefully thats the case...or would the whole spot just gradually get darker? What sort of re-pigmentation time frame am i looking at?

3) It seems that the spots are slightly more reflective to light...making them look more white-ish is this most likely just because the skin is new?....shouldn't it become less reflective?

many thanks for your responses!!!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I've never seen chronic stingyness that permanently interferes with sex.  

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
Is there a chance the skin may always be more sensitive there and stingy...thereby making things like sex more painfull....or is it still healing and theres no chance the stinging could be chronic

thanks....it's super mild but it just seems like almost 3 months later the skin shouldn't be stingy at all.

many thanks
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I think the dermatologist's time frame is accurate.

1. I'm not sure what the stinging is from, but I don't think it means anything.  I would ignore it.
2. It does sound like repigmentation.  This could take up to 6 months.
3. Yes, but this too will take longer.  Best not to look too close.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions