Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

red dots on glans

Hello Doc...

I have noticed a series of red dots (pin head size) on my penis glans that are under the skin.  They do not form bumps or lumps and when I stretch the skin, they are not as visible.  No pain or itching associated with these bumps.  They never appear to surface and are not filled with fluid.  I also cannot notice them unless the penis is flaccid and the glans is pale.  Occasionally I will see some small circles of what appears to be dry skin on the glans, some of which circle these dots (to tell the truth, the dry skin is probably coincidental when it does circle these dots)

I have had a titer test for both HSV 1 and 2 (negative)as well as a full STD workup approximately 2 months after my last partner; followed by a HSV 2 herpeselect test 18 months after this (negative).  These dots did not appear so numerously until a week prior to the HSV2 test (I had one or two when I originally went for my full workup)  

First off, with my test results, do you concur that this most likely is not an STD?    

Secondly, I have combed the internet trying to find someone who has any similar descriptions to this, but not found much with the exception of someone who had a condition that was compared to vericose veins (not too sure what was meant by that)  I do have mild psorasias in my ear canal, do you think this could be psorasias?  

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
yeah i also have red bumps that come and go, only on the head of my penis and the inside of the foreskin, not a lot.. after i shower or get wet there's sort of a white fleck of skin over them and they go away, then come back a couple months down the line, this started in november.. and this is the second time it's happened now (july) so i'm not sure what it is.. been with the same girl for a year and a half now and it doesn't seem serious (the bumps).  they don't itch or have fluid or anything. *Shrug*
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I agree that your description and test results do not suggest STD.  Psoriasis produces scaling on the penis, not red dots under the skin.  These are probably small blood vessels close enough to the skin for you to see them.  I doubt they have any significance at all.  I advise you to show them to a doctor, and then forget about them.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions