Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
97676 tn?1340405373

Dry skin, folliculitis, psoriasis, eczema?

I have suffered from dry skin for a long time on my arms, legs, scalp.  A few months ago I noticed that there were little spots on my thighs that were very dry. (Now I have very dry skin in this region to begin with) They appear to be small pimple like lesions, but again they are dry.  They almost appear to be psoriasis.  Some are red and some are white.  they do not come and go after a week or so.  They have been there for a while.  I have a tendency to scratch them, one or two may bleed, the majority of them dont.  Its on both legs, on the outer hip and thigh region.  When I scratch them the skin breaks off, kind of like they are dried up pimples.  They are not really all that close to each other, and they dont appear to be a rash either.  They also arent raised like pimples.  Generally, they are flat spots.  They are about 1/3 the size of a pencil eraser.

I figure this may be folliculitis, psoriasis, or maybe even eczema.  I am going to try using a cortizone cream to try and treat them.  But what is your opinion doc?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
actually i have a questions i have somehting similar but its not the same i have dry white spots on my upper thighs close to my special area. and i have had them for a few years  now approx 3 years now. and i have asked my mother did she know what they were and she doesnt. i havent be having sex with people just a dildo everynow and again and now i dont wash it. im the only one that uses it and i dont know wht the spots are form. and i have like some slime that comes from my special area i just need to know what it is please help me.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
First, you need to stop scratching--that way a doctor can tell you what these are.  My guess would be folliculitis.  I advise that you wash with an antibacterial soap like Dial while you wait to see a doctor for specific diagnosis.  Moisturize with any lotion (Lubriderm, etc.)

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions