Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Latxe burn, then friction burns, then overmedicated, now wounds...?!

7 or 8 years wearing a latex condom my female partner thought it erotic to masteurbate me while wearing it. The next day around the left side of my circumsized penis head was a dime sized pink friction/burn/sore mark. It didn't hurt and wasn't really a blister, but more of a mild abrasion on very top most of skin layer, without eruption.  Of course I reacted by stopping all activity with my penis other than urination and cleaning and it healed, how quickly I don't remember.

Unprotected sex with two partners over the last few years. No STD issues on either end of the spectrum. However occasional similar reaction to the friction burn started to occur. Oral and intercourse as long as an hour, often 5 days a month usually in a row during vacations. Always with one of these two women.

Over the last two or so years after robust sexual activity the friction burn would reappear and I'd use a steroid cream that I now realize was too strong for my penis. The cream would work wonders and within about 8 hours the spot would be gone and the skin would look new and "dickalicious".. their term, not mine. I used that cream sparingly and would usually put it on my foreskin and penis head.

I should also note that I have a penis that tends to retreat to the comfort of foreskin under most of the day, albeit I am circumsized and 7 inches when full. Reading one of the posts a few months ago I thought maybe this was a form of balantis and even bought a good quality pump in attempt to keep more girth daily as the recommendation of the post was to try a pump.

Now the last 6 months things have changed to be a little more of an issue and more frequently occurring. I do fear I've overmedicated but cannot seem to get healthy.  I do have a family doctor, but the family part is what keeps me from seeing him out of fear... unduly I'm sure but still. I'm 39, my wife two teenage kids and mother all see this doctor.

In the last few months of riding my motorcyle, and having a few really robust and lengthy sexual relations with same people, here is what is occurring now.

1. Same issue as always came up after an encounter. Used the steroid cream, though a different brand, as before but this time it made it worse. The area increased in size and color.
2. I stopped using the cream and waited a couple of days.  Things got a little better. Masteurbated, it got worse and new spot on right side showed up.  Tried 1% hydro, no help.
3. Used neosporin, got better all over.  Had hour long "tight" intercourse 2 days later. My foreskin swelled up and skin looked waxy!!
4. New area on left side opened when swelling went down. Then right side.  
5. Tried 7-day Monistat for 2 days, it caused pus to occur where the sore marks are.  Now I call them blisters.

Clearly I should see a doctor, but it's not my first plan of attack.  I'm thinking Eczema, Monistat made it worse so not thinking yeast.

Looking for a short term option to try to either heal or confirm need for doctor.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I agree that this is probably eczema (or balanitis, same thing.)  The way to minimize this is to minimize friction.  A mild but prescription-strength anti-inflammatory cream (cortisone or otherwise) should heal unavoidable friction burns quickly.  However, a doctor will need to see this rash to make a proper diagnosis and recommend appropriate treatment.  Perhaps a photo would help if you can't be seen when the rash is fresh.  Until you see a doctor, I would use only bland lotions like Lubriderm or Vaseline.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 1
About three years ago, I was in the shower and I masterbated without enough lubrication, it created a sort of sore, and it has gotten worse over the years, because I didn't leave it alone. I have tried everything from not touching it over 4 months, to different cleansing/soothing lotion things. I have never been able to bring myself to asking anyone for help, it is obvious why I wouldn't bring that up with anyone. It has been there for a long time and I'm getting scared that it always will, the skin looks fragile and sort of wrinkley, it is very red, it's a line going from the bottom of the penis to the bottom of the circumsized skin part, and has bumps around it.
I swear I'll go insane if I have this there for longer. Piled on top of all my other phsyical (and mental) problems I think I'll just dive off a ****ing cliff

I need help.
Helpful - 0
Btw, if you could suggest some kind of lotion/cure whatever that I can get that I don't have to talk to any human being about to get... that would be very nice.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Not really.  Tight intercourse and other friction-inducing activities could certainly cause the skin changes you are describing.  Yeast seems much less likely, as you say yourself.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
Thanks Doctor.. one more clarification please.

I did discuss this with a woman I'm close to and she said that Monistat will often cause this type of reaction when used externally on genital yeast.

Specifically she said it dries it out and the pus is a reaction of the medication.  This information she tells me is from her own personal experience with vaginal yeast and reaction to Monistat.  

Is she leading me astray or did perhaps I not express the correct information for you to make this assumption also regarding the pus response to medication?

Thanks again!
Helpful - 0
Oh ha...

I never had pain or really even irritation.  Though I do now.  Before the area "opened" it felt a little "raw" or sensitive even have sheets or clothing brush the area.

When I say opened, or for better sense of the situation.  Liken this issue to a wound that glistens with moisture.

The pus referred to earlier only occurred when using the Monistat 7.  There was no odor detected.  

Perplexing situation, no?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions