Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

fingers

i have lately noticed that on my fingers there are brownish red spot and little bumps under my skin. it isnt anywhere else and it is on both hands. i have no idea what it could be. but it seems to be spreading. it kinda feels like my fingers are "pruny" from being in a shower to long or something. but i is really starting to worry me. last night it also caused a blister that i popped... i dont know if it matter but i recently just moved from virgina to alaska... any ensite you could give me would be great. my mother thought it might be athletes foot on my hands but that isnt possible. i dont think. either way it is worrying my thanks doc
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
No, it wouldn't be athlete's foot (fungus.)  There is a form of eczema called dyshidrosis which produces little bumps under the skin of the fingers.  That's not very significant and usually doesn't need to be treated.  I can't think of anything these could be that you need to worry about.  If they persist for a month or two, show a skin doctor, just for peace of mind.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
I get these little circles under the skin on my finger tip on my left hand ring finger. They first appear as reddish brown and look more brownish or orangeish in color as they come to the surface. I also get similar, but larger spots under my fingernails.
When the spots on my fingertips break the surface they peel the skin and then heal. I had my doctor take a look and she said it was psoriasis. It comes and goes but seems to only affect me in the winter.
The less I worry about it the less it seems to erupt.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions