Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Constant Irritation of Face

I am 22 year old male...until I was 20 I never washed my face and I was perfectly fine...Almost a flawless skin... a little dry sometimes tough...However about two years ago, I started
to wash my face too much. Now on the other hand, when ever I get uncomfortable or blush, my face get very red and then I feel as if it gets very tight and dry, I can also feel it becoming drier. The red areas are from the side of my nose to my cheecks like most other SD suferers.
Also the side of my noses are the places that gets flaky the most.
And very rarely I was using elidel and also moisturizing the skin with Cerave most of the time. I feel as if I got too much used to the products and seem like I can't live without them. My face looks irritated with tiny red bumps and if you look at it deeply you can see the flakes. It doesn't itch tough...And one last thing: if I take a very hot shower, 1 minute after the shower, I can
see that my face gets full of white dead skins or dandruff. I am guessing that I have destroyed my skins natural defense on my face... Is there anyway to build up the skins natural barrier. I don't want to be dependent on cortisol creams. I lost so much confidence, PLEASE HELP me reduce this constant dryiness and red irritation!!!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Im so sorry to post here but i desperately need advice...really need some answers or words of knowledge. Here is a little brief history: Around the end of August or beginning of september I had unprotected sex with a guy for about 20 minutes ( one time) and then about 2 weeks later (september 15) I had sex again with a new partner ( my current boyfriend), also unprotected, I know very stupid of me.

Around the last days of October, I developed a very big painful rash in between my buttocks and vaginal lips. I tought at that time that it was irritation from a maxi pad. About a week and a half later the rash started healing, but soon after I developed a smaller rash in the two sides of my vaginal opening, with red painful bumps. I also got this open tear (like a paper cut) right in the area between the vaginal opening and the anal opening. Must i add that this was the same area that I got teared when I had sex before from lack of lubrication.

Up to this day, I still have this rash. It goes away for about 2-3 days and then apprears again, also with the tear. I went to planned parenthood about 2 weeks ago and tested for HSV 1 and 2 and for yeast infection. This last Friday, they called me back and informed me that I was HSV 2 negative, but HSV 1 positive. She made it seem like no big deal, and told me it was nothing to worry about.

The yeast test also came back negative. my doubts are that I still have this damn rash and I do not know what is, it really is ruining me, i have not had sex since then because I am afraid. I was wondering if it might have been too early to take the test and if anybody knows anything about what might be causing this rash. I called the herpes hotline and they said that 2 months is too long for a herpes outbreak.

I am very scared and confused and depressed because I do not know where to turn. I have no health insurance, and do not what to do. If anyone has ever been through this or has any information, please help a desperate girl out. I also add that I am diabetic type 1, dont know if this might have anything to do with this.Also, is there any other condition that might include these symptoms.Thank you so much reading all this and wish me the best of luck. God Bless!!
Helpful - 1
A related discussion, help was started.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I think you may have eczema, which is actually inflamed skin  even if it feels dry.  I assume the doctor who recommended Elidel felt the same way, since that's what Elidel is for.  You needn't worry about using this or similar products too much, nor is there any reason to be concerned that you have destroyed your skin's defenses.  I advise you to check with your doctor who gave you the Elidel to see if my hunch is correct.  If it is, and if Elidel helps, just use it whenever you need it.  No worries.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions