Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Who gave it to who

I have to know if he gave it to me or I had it before:
I just was told I have herpes and i am not sure if i have had it awhile and never know it or if I just got it.  I have not had sex for yrs!!!! many so i would have noticed something i would think.  I do not have blisters just pain.  I also have a tingly down my left leg.  My bloodwork is 6.9 index so postive for HSV2 and 7.9 index for  HSV1 plus my HSV 1&2 is .99 ratio.  I read that the levels can be high when you first get it or have I had it and not know about it.  I was first exposed to it if it is this guy first of Jan. but didn't start feeling anything till maybe a month later.  I just want to know if this jerk gave it to me or I had it.  I found out he is a player so who knows!  I just do not remember the pain lasting this long like 3 weeks now.  Usally a yeast cream took care of problems in the past.  I did like 3 years ago after stress have a rash on my face.  swelling that i was given cream for.  also i had/have a red rash that never went away on my inner thigh.  (like you get on your chest-just some redness)I have been under ALOT OF STRESS because this guy I was seeing is a major lieing jerk!! and trying to balance hormone levels.  So was it hi or have i just had this and not know???
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thank you for your imput....  I will call the lab and ask them.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I'm afraid I can't answer you.  The fact that the HSV test is positive does indeed indicate that you have genital herpes.  You will need to check with the doctor or the laboratory as to what your number means relative to when you may have been exposed, and whether it would reach its maximum value 2 1/2 months after exposure.  It may be useful to repeat the test in a month or two to see if the number is still going up.  It is possible that you were exposed before and it only came out now.  

I don't think the thigh rash was relevant.

I understand why you want to answer this question, but in practical terms it doesn't make a lot of difference.  Please get whatever counseling you may need to deal with having genital herpes, which is an annoyance to be sure, but doesn't have to be the end of the world.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions