Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

skin rash

I have fine sensitive light skin,without blemish, which looks younger than my years.Recently I have developed an odd rash under both my eyes.From a distance it looks red.On inspection it looks like a cluster of red bumps under the skin,it does not look like eczema to me, which my gp suggested and it is not itchy.It does not trouble me too much although I do feel a slight discomfort as if something is there also a slight burning sensation at times, however it is unsightly and therefore upsetting as no ointment seems to be helping,,including the mild steroid based cream called fucemide prescribed from my gp.I realise it is difficult to diagnose skin problems without seeing the problem however I would be pleased to receive any advice you may have from my description before I return to my gp.I have stopped my prescription cream as it made no difference and the burning sensation I have at times became worse.To add to the problem my facial skin can feel like this all over although I have put this down to cold weather! Thankyou.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I'm afraid I can't add much from this distance.  Some women develop small cysts under their eyes, called syringomas.  These are of no consequence and generally not worth treating.  They wouldn't by themselves be red and sensitive, however.  It's possible that you have some mild eczema or dry winter skin overlying these and making them more noticeable.  The fact that a mild steroid cream didn't help argues against eczema.  I would advise you to use nothing other than a mild moisturizing lotion while you arrange to be examined, perhaps by a dermatologist.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
Apologies,the cream I have been prescribed is called fucibet and not fucimide.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions