Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is this Herpes??

Hi Doctor,

I am 25 year old male. I have had protected sex with 3 different women. I have three lesions in my pubic hair region, below my belly. i have had these since 5 months. these sores are recurring in the same spot (one each time). i have a itchy and painful feeling on the sore. I donot have any sore elsewhere. I visited my doctor and he did a bacterial test and herpes culture test. Bacterial test turned scanty bacterial growth and herpes test turned negative. Then he prescibed mupirocin. But still i am getting these sores in the same spot at the rate of one each month on one of the 3 spots. they tend to ooze pus and blood. Also, i personally got my blood tested for IGg specific test for herpes type 1 or type 2. That too turned negative. But today i went to my doctor and he took a sample from the sore which is recent and sent it to herpes culture test. i am really anxious. what is this. The sores which i have are single and are atleast half a centimeter away from each other. they left a hard lump underneath my skin as a scar.

If this is not herpes, what else can it be and how can it be cured??

If this is herpes, can the test results be falsely negative??

what do you think this is??

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
In Oct I had unprotected sex and about four to five days later i started getting bumps on my penis. it took me awhile to see
a doctor. when I had went to the emergency. I told them I thought I had herpes.I told them that I was getting bumps on  my penis and some would be blisters like bumps and when I puked them white liquid and then blood would come out and there also
on my inner thign and at v part of my penis would start looking wet and it look like a cut at times at first i was putting a triple antibiotic ointment on it my penis would have a scap looking skin when I took a shower it comes  right off.The doctor check my urine nothing came up. I did not get tested.
but the doctor said I don't have an std it was some tpye of fungas they gave me nystatin cream I used it for a week it seem like it made more bumps appear and on some spots look wet I stop using it but I'm scared to go back to the doctors.Is it herpes?
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I don't think it's herpes.  I think these are blocked follicles that you're digging at.  I base this on your description: "they tend to ooze pus and blood."  Things don't ooze pus and blood unless you poke them.  I advise you to take your doctor's opinion and the repeatedly negative tests at face value and stop worrying about herpes.

Thanks.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions