Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

skin rash under eyes

Hello,
I have been using the clearasil blackhead control scrub which lists salicylic acid (1%) as its active ingredient and the proactive toner.  Now, I developed a rash under my eyes.  Even though I stopped using both products, the rash got worse and now my eyelids above and underneath my eyes are swollen.  Additionally, my eyes are very red, a little itchy, and there are tiny red bumps.  What product do I need to take, in order for this to go away as soon as possible. Is there any cream or medication?  A few months ago, I was using all proactive product and a similar thing happened.  also, it took a really long time to go away.  This time, I used only the proactive tone, because i was told that there is no benzol peroxide in it. My finals in school are coming up and i have to give a presentation in one class.  If my eyes are still like this, then it would really affect me.

thank you for your help,
Jana
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well, I have been using the hydrocortizone cream...it helped somewhat with the swelling but I think it got worse overall.  Especially the dryness got worse.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I doubt that you'd get a rash from 1% salicylic acid.  Perhaps you have a case of eczema.  Obviously, you'll need to see a doctor in person for a specific diagnosis.  Meantime, try over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone twice a day on the affected area.  Your doctor can help fine-tune the process when you get seen.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions