Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

A few small red dots on penis

I recently spent a weekend waterskiing and living in my swim trunks.  The first night back, I noticed 3-4 very small rash type spots near the urethra on the head of my penis.  These were a few rash-like spots with the biggest about 1mm in diameter. One of them looked more like a red pin-*****, as if the surface had been nicked.  After 3 days, the spots went away.  I had no pain, swelling, etc., and they didn't develop into lesions or blisters.  Still, I worried that this was something viral rather than the bacteria in the lake.    

I was diagnosed with HPV about a year ago, and from a recent reccurrence had a wart removed several weeks ago.  This area is on a different part of my penis than the rash, an inch or so from the head.  My partner is aware of my HPV and its risks, and performed unprotected oral sex--while the wart had been removed a few weeks ago by freezing, the skin was still a bit tender (not broken, but a little red still).  If I was infected with herpes via the tender area where the wart had been, would the dots, or something more serious, have occurred there?

Anyway, I will probably be seeing my regular physician for a follow-up in about a month and will get tested then for herpes as  a routine matter. And I guess this worry means that I'll probably be using condoms even for oral sex.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have some red spots on my penis. I am uncircumcised and I wanted to know if the blemishes can come from that. Can you tell me what STD's can cause these red marks on the head of my penis?
Helpful - 0
D'S
well I started to masturbathe when i was 12. the first time that i did, i notice that my sperm was transparent and not milky. well now i have seven years masturbathing and i have notice that recently my penis hurts, when i touch the fore skin i a certain area. iam not circumcised.also on the tip of my penis i notice that the the skin that comes out from the whole sticks up.it looks funny because it sticks up when its flacid, but when i pull the skin its normal.i have always wonder if thats ok.it didn't do that before.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I guess you'll need to see a doctor to be sure, but these spots don't sound like anything infectious to me.  They sound more like blocked pores from sweat retention.  As for HPV, that does indeed sound like something different from these spots.  Before you draw any conclusions, get yourself checked out.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions