Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Rash and pain on penis

Back in October of 2005 I lost my virginity, and I used a condom the whole time.  I actually ended up using three, but by the time I got to the third one it started hurting the tip of my penis.  I check it out a few hours later, and it was a little red and sore, but I put some balmex on it and it went away.  About three weeks later I started getting intense pain in the same area.  It was so bad it was hard to walk and my urine could iritate it.  I had already been tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia, and both tested came back negative.  I talked to the girl and she had been having no pain, and she had sex with only one person before me.  I think the condoms could have had spermicide in them, but I'm not sure because I threw the package awy before I had any of the very intense pain.  I saw a doctor at a helth clinic in my college, which is where I got the test, and he suggested using lotrimin, which didn't really help.  I also tried baby powder, which helped a little but very slowly.  I got impatient and tried hydrocortisone and that cause pain, redness, and inflamation everywhere, even on places it got on that did not have the rash, and I think it left a scar or chemical bur.  I saw a doctor at an emergency health clinic and he gave me an oral antifungal med for 7 days.  Later  I went to a dermatologist and he told me it was balantitis and had me use ketoconazole.  I stopped eating all sugar, because I thought I might have Candida, and I started taking anifungal herbs, topically and orally, and I took 3 Lac orally, which is a bacteria mixture like acidopholus that is suppost to kill yeast, and I started getting a white discharge sometimes when I would urinate, and one time it was clear and came out during my sleep, but it did not smell rotten, it actually smelled kind of sweet like bread or yeast, which is what I think it was, and the discharge was about three months after havin sex. My mother has had yeast problems and she started taking it too and she got a discharge.  I started using tinactin jock itch spray, which helped.  The pain is not like it was, but the tip of my penis is still a little pink and sensitive.  I have been teste for aids, herpes 1 & 2, syphilis, and yeast about month ago and was reexamined and all test came back negative.  I think I cleared out the yeast, if that's what it was and that is why it came back negative, and I went to a urologist who said I just had dermatitis, and that I couldn't have had balanitis or yeast becaue I am circumcised.  Recently, when I masturbate some skin can flake off and the pink tip area can become red and I had joint pain, but I work out and I had had little sleep and it's better now, but could that have been a sign of Reiter's?  Peeing does not really burn but can be uncomfortable sometimes especially out of the tip.  Could I have an std I didn't test for? Could the discharge be a sign of std even thought it happened three months later?  Should I get another test or see another doctor?
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Maybe try to use different or alternative bath products! Your son may just have a sensitivity to a certain cemical in his hair gel or spray for example.Or maybe an irritation to the bath products you may be using.Try alternating between different products over a week period to see if it helps.First I suggest he take baths with no products in for the first week, and see if the pain goes.That way you can be sure he just has a sensitivity to it.Of course it could just be a sensitivity to the chloride.
Helpful - 0
I think the human mind and body are quite peculiar.I had a rash on the tip of my penis, an itchy intense feeling on passing urine.I also had sex unprotected.Went for tests like three times over.Im no doc but i can honestly say after having it for several months, it started to fade when i stopped Worrying!!!  
Espeacailly those of you out there who had unprotected sex!!
We all know the score by now.Youve given yourself something to concern about and believe me, if ur mind tells you its true enough.And you stress out enough, that may just be the cause of your problems.I dont suggest putting every cream under the sun on it.Trust me it only prolongs it.And ul get more anxious.And for those like me who are so convinced that they go on a several month binging course, this also prolongs the rash.
B cool!!!! Oh and take the warning...Use protection next time!
Helpful - 0
I am at the end of my sanity. The tip of my husbands penis is totally white and extremely painful, the opening looks like it is been eaten away slowly. He is std clear and the doc gave him steriod cream but it is still bad so is his temper. any suggestions?

Helpful - 0
email me at taquilla_2424***@****  and the problem is at the front of the shaft
Helpful - 0
DOCTOR, DOCTOR, DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE HELP ME AND MY SON!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi,
My 14 year old son has this little area with bumps or it maybe a rash and it looks red and inflammed. He is very open with me and said that he masturbates and had mastubated when he came home an hour after coming home from swimming and it hurt when he was stroking his penis. On top of that I think it may be related with the amount of swimming he does. He said that he went swimming 5,6 or 7 times htis summer. It doesn't hurt when he walks or uses the bathroom He says that when he touched it, it left a pus like, clear substance on his finger. He chooses not to go to a doctor because you know these children have so much pride and they have their opinions and I will respect his decision. So im asking you what can I get from a pharmacy or grocery store to help this problem because my son is getting worried.
Helpful - 0
ive had a penis rash for 16 months now. i got it after having sex with a new partner.ive tried thrush creams(6 types) and cortz creams(4 types).nothing is working. ive been to about 6 diff doctors now and they all say they dont know why its not going away. so i went to see another doctor and he made me get a skin sample( ouch!!!) the tests came back i got compact orthokeratosis but no signifcant inflammatory cell infiltration.a pas stain is pending.that last bit i dont know what they mean. anyway cort cream should be getting rid of this but it isnt. im all clear on std's etc. im 21 and still with the same girl.ive had other partners before and it was all fine. its red around the head of the penis, no flaking,little itch every once a while.and does not hurt.it is spreading slowly im getting worried about it.i dont want my whole penis going like this, and im sick of it. can anyone please HELP ME?
Helpful - 0
hi,

i just had unprotected sex and after having it for couple of times a day for few days i started having burning urination for couple of days and i thaught it was coz of over doing sex. and now like 2 days later i see a bump on my penis on the head it looks like a transperant bump. and i am worried so if any1 could help me out or have any idea abt it..your feedback would be of a great help..i just hope its not anything serious...no more unprotected sex..
Helpful - 0
I also forgot to mention that I noticed a small white spot on the head of the penis.  It doesn't hurt and is very faint.  I figured it was a loss of pigmentation from all the stuff I tried, but I wanted to see what you think.
Helpful - 0
Until the doctor replies I suggest you leave your penis alone, ad certainly stop masturbating. It sounds like too much friction.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Reading posts like yours sometimes makes me wonder whether sex is worth the trouble.

I can't make sense of all the ins and outs of your description, but I can say that it seems most unlikely that you have anything at all besides residual redness from irritation.  If there was any yeast, there isn't any more.  STD's seem out of the question, so I don;t think further tests are needed.

My advice is to use nothing medicated besides Vaseline or the equivalent, that you minimize friction such as that from masturbation for a while, and that you ignore the residual pinkness, which I expect to resolve slowly on its own.

If you still have concerns in a month and have followed all these suggestions, you ought to consult your dermatologist again.

Relax--you're going to be fine.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions