Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

After Folliculitis

THanks Doc for your previous response.
I got myself checked for all the possible STD tests but they all came negative.I got tested for HIV almost every 3 months after my oral sex encounter two years back[year 2004], and they all came NEGATIVE. Most recent HIV test was 3 months back, it also came negative. According to the Doctor, it seems I have Epstein Barr that might be the reason for Fatigue.
So I have few some more questions for you!
1. That is, apart from fatigue, I am also having pain in the legs, and sometimes it relieves after I urninate. IS there a connection of my leg pain TO urine discharge TO unprotected oral sex I had in 2004?
Is there a correlation between urine-related problems to STDs [in case of unporotected oral sex]?

2. Also, after my encounter with oral sex, I am observing that "after i unrinate", even though I shake the penis, smalll amounts of urine still leaks for few minutes, and then stops!
Is this leakage, a symptom of any STDs? The color of urnine is of yellow!

3. Do you think I should go for HIV or some other STD testing or Shall I get checked by a urologist for leg pain/urine discharge??

Please help!
Nothing you describe sounds anything like herpes. as to what other disease this could be, I cannot say from this distance.
2. How accurate are this HSV-1 or HSV-2 that I took last year? Can I go for HSV-1 and HSV-2 again?
They are accurate. If your doctor thinks that HIV is even worth considering, another test may be recommended.
4. What is the best way to detect if I have any STD's now?
See a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. Fatigue alone may be any number of things, not necessarily STD's.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I believe it is normal to have some additional urine come out if you are uncircumcized but is generally not so pronounced if you are circumcized since the foreskin extending back out tends to bring some additional small amounts of urine out. That is my understanding at least.
Helpful - 0
Thanks Doc and Englishman for the comments! I will talk to my Doc about your suggetions!
Helpful - 0
After I urinate, I shake, then gently squeeze down the shaft to expel the last drops of urine. If I don't do this then a few drops will come out over the next couple of minute. This is normal (as far as I am aware - been doing it for years and no problem).
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
1. That is, apart from fatigue, I am also having pain in the legs, and sometimes it relieves after I urinate. IS there a connection of my leg pain TO urine discharge TO unprotected oral sex I had in 2004?
Is there a correlation between urine-related problems to STDs [in case of unprotected oral sex]?
I can't think of any.  You should see your regular doctor about checking out the reasons for your fatigue.

2. Also, after my encounter with oral sex, I am observing that "after i urinate", even though I shake the penis, small amounts of urine still leaks for few minutes, and then stops!
Is this leakage, a symptom of any STDs?
No.
3. Do you think I should go for HIV or some other STD testing or Shall I get checked by a urologist for leg pain/urine discharge??
I don't think you have a discharge--a few drips of urine aren't a discharge.  I think you should start with a physical from a general physician.  Specialty consultation, if needed, can come later.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions