Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

YEAST INFECTION

I am being treated for a yeast infection with boric acid suppositorys for a wk now and i am still having irritation with intercourse. my symptoms are painful intercourse. this pain is only with certin positions, usually when he penatrates the pain is external around my vulva more or a irritation if anything. I dont have any discharge. could this be something other than a yeast infection. my doctor has said nothing about trating my partner. i have been tested for stds and they all came back neg. I know this can be a symptom of woman who are estrogen during the change of life.I am on birth control estro step and i sometime go from one pill pk to anoother with out having a period for a few months at a time could this cause this problem. these symptoms have been going on for over 2 months now. i also had contact with gold bond powder a few months ago and this is when all of this started. this is really worrying me that it may never go away.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
not sure if you're still checking responses............you may have vulvodynia..........look up on internet for symptoms.

vulvodynia can cause the pain you explain

good luck
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
There are many causes of pain during intercourse.  That's really beyond my expertise.  However, yeast infections cause rashes and discharges, not just pain.  I think you need to ask your gynecologist either for an opinion or a referral to look into this.  Meantime, I suggest lubrication during intercourse.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions