Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is Recurring Water Blisters a symptom of Lupus or Scleroderma

I have been diagosned with Scleroderma and Lupus - Overlap Autoimmune Dieases. Last Sept.2005 water blisters first appeared on my left rib cage- they left in couple of weeks- then the appeared on my left breast- then couple weeks left - then it appeared on my left shoulder. Everywhere it left a scar.
The blisters reappeared about 10 days ago - first 2 blisters on left breast and now 2 more have appeared on same breast they are very painful.
I have had a test for chickenpox and it showed I had never had them so I took 2 shots to immune myself from aquiring the diease in 1996. So more than likely it is not shingles (it does not look like shingles to the doctors I have shown it to)!

My Rhemulogist is not sure what it is but said she had one other patient that had blisters on her ankles ever 3 years.

I take Methotrexate .04cc. Predisone 7.5 mg, Plaquenil 200mg/2 day, Prilosec 40 mg, Loratab 10 mg/3day, Celexa, Zanafles 4mg, Duragesic Patch 75 mg, Folic Acid, lassic 20 mg, Potassium 595 mg, Estratest, and Lyrica 150 mg/2 day.

Please give me an answer- No one not even the Dermatologist I saw knows exactly what is causing these painful recurring blisters.
Thanks,
trishric
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
PCT causes blisters on the backs of the hands, not on covered areas.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
Hi
  You might want to ask your doctor about a rare blood disorder called porphoria it is none as PCT., The most common cure for it is they take a pint of blood every 2 weekss till they get you c right.I have read alot about it, But I just can't remember it all right now.Good Luck
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I'm afraid I don;t know either.  They don't remind me of any disease in particular, certainly not shingles.  I don't know of autoimmune diseases that cause such blisters wither.  I suggest you ask the dermatologist who saw you whether a culture and biopsy might be revealing.  
Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions