Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Red / pink spot on the tip of my penis

This started about 6 weeks ago after working out hard in the yard I noticed a red shiney spot about 1/4 " round on the tip of my penis. This spot has never weeped burned or itched it is just a round shiney kind of spot.I went to my family doctor he told me it was a common skin fungus and gave me Mentax creme 2 weeks later no change . I went back he told me he thought it was herpes because herpes can mask itself well. The doctor gave me valtrex and now 5 days of the valtrex there is no change . This spot does not hurt itch burn or nothing it is just a kind of shiney bright pink spot . What is this some kind  a bad STD or some kind of irritation or am I  making something out of nothing ??
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
ok well i looked up these streching exercise's on the internet and i would pull my penis out and there would be alot of pressure at the head of my penis. i had been doing it and its been fien ,but today i did it and i made alot of pressure on my head and now theres little red spots over the head, and i dont knowif they will go away or what?
help!
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I think you have balanitis, or eczema of the penis.  The proper treatment is hydrocortisone--you can buy 1% hydrocortisone without a prescription.  Try applying it twice a day.  I don't think you have either fungus or herpes.  I suggest you see a dermatologist for confirmation, so you don't go around thinking you have herpes when you don't.  Try taking a photo of the rash now so you can show the dermatologist in case the rash has gone away.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions