Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Orange/Brown Discoloration on Stomach area

Hello, I'm a 24 year old male.  Over the last several months have developed a skin discoloration on my stomach and hope that you can give me some insight on what this could be.  I showed it to my PCP and he told me he didnt know what it was.  He said i could come back if it started to spread so i could get referred to a dermatologist.  I am overweight (But working on it) but dont have any real major problems other than that.  It began to show up on the underside of my belly button about 3-4 months ago and spread a little but doesnt seem to be doing much anymore.  Its somewhat dry and flaky, a orange/redish color and turns a little more red when i shower in hot water.  BELOW is posted a picture of it.  I shower everyday and clean very myself well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/lilcharlie/DSC00125.jpg

Do you have any thoughts on what this may be?  Is it something major or maybe just something i need to monitor?  Do you have any ideas so that i can give them to my PCP so that I can be referred to a dermatologist? Any and All help is appreciated!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The discoloration on my stomach is not orange or brown. its kind of a grayish, green color. It's fairly small but I think something is seriously wrong with me. what do you think is wrong???
Helpful - 0
Hi. I've a similar discoloration on my back. I used an antifungal creme on it and it disappeared overnight. I keep getting it back. I think it's to do with sweating. I too am about three stone overweight. I never had this problem when I was thinner.
Helpful - 0
Its not really overly flakey either, its sometimes feels a little dry, but mostly its just discolored.  It started under my belly button and has spread very slowly over 3 months.  Will an anti-bacterial cream help or should i try something else? Or is it something more serious? Im very concerned so all thoughts and help is appreciated!
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Interesting, but I don't know what it is.  Unusual colors like that are often from some external source--dye leaching from clothing or something.  I can't think of what would have given you the orange color, but you may be able to.  It's hard to tell from the picture whether all of it is red or orange.  You'll need to see a skin doctor in person about this one.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions