Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

itchy blistering rash

5year old daughter was scratched by our dog on her foot. a week later she had a big blister. the blister busted and left a pink ring, after the top layer of skin from the blister came of ( as most blisters do) about a week later she had 2 smaller blisters right on the edge of the ring. After they busted 2 more blisters showed up not in the same spot but still on the edge of the original blister ring. This is on the palm of her foot. It itches her like crazy all the time,and the blisters (which are full of clear water) hurt her. She has had this since the end of July and we have had her to several doctors. We have tried medication for Athletes foot, hand foot and mouth, ring worm. none of these have helped. The blisters on the foot have stopped but there is a rash of tiny bumps in clusters . And she is starting to get the tiny clusters of bumps in the palms of her hands and they are itching as well. She has not shown sighns of the rash or blisters anywhere else on her body other than the palms of her feet and now on the palms of her hands. She has not had a feavor or sore throught or any other symptoms. No one else in the family has gotten this and we have been scratching it for her and cleaning it and putting medicaion on it so I assume that it is not contagious. Any ideas you may have on what it might be or how to cure it would be greatly appricaited. Her diet has not changed either. She is a vegitarian she has never had meat. but she doese have some dairy. She drinks soy milk however. She eats eggs and cheese and stuff. Absolutly no pork or shell fish.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you so much for your input. We do have an appointment scheduled with the dermatoligist. Because we are new patients we have to wait so long to get in I was looking for anything that I could to give her some relief until we could see the Dermatoligist. I call every day to check for cancelations and have gotten her appointment moved up a week. When I find out for sure what it is and what treatments works I will post it for anyone else who may experience similar problems.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The original blisters sounded like a bacterial infection, but what's happened since doesn't fit that.  I don't know whether you've seen a dermatologist yet, but you should.  Skin cultures for bacteria and fungi meed to be done.  Some forms of (non-infectious) eczema can also behave in this way.  This doesn't sound serious, but does need personal attention, testing and trials of treatment.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions