Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

small dots on chest and stomach?

About 10-12 months ago I noticed small (pinhead size), pink, flat spots on my chest and stomach (about 10-20 at a time). They don't itch and they're not painful and they only last for about 24 hours, then they go away. They've been coming back about once or twice a month for the last 10 months, I think in different spots on my chest and stomach but always the same size, shape, and color. When I get them I usually don't experience any other symptoms although I have had a cold  once while they appeared. Most of the time I just lift up my shirt and I'm surprised to see them. I do not know what is causing the spots to appear. I a m reluctant to call it a rash because there are so few spots that do come up. I am concerned that it could be HIV infection. I am a gay man. I have never had anal sex before, but I have had unprotected oral sex and I heard it is possible to contract HIV this way. Could this recurring rash be a primary hiv infection and if not then what do you think it is? Thank you.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
if you have what i have i wouldnt be worried about HIV because i havnt had sex
Helpful - 0
journal what you are doing each day (i.e. what you ate, cologne, clothing (possible allergies) and if you had contact with any animals), this will help determine if there is a pattern or bring something to light that was overlooked by you due to minor impact on your actual day.  It is also the beginning of what you will need when you get your butt to the doctors! :-)  Don't let this scare you out of the check up you know you need but you can contract scabies from oral sex and if lover was on top it would be easy for transfer considering area & assumed friction of motions.  gl don't be an ostrech.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I really don't know what these spots are, but they certainly don't remind me of HIV infection.  You can get pink spots during a primary HIV infection (along with lots of other unimportant viral infections), but they would be associated with other symptoms (like fever) and they wouldn't come and go for 10-12 months.  I suspect these bumps are just clogged pores or something else unimportant.  If you're still worried about HIV, ask your doctor about getting tested, just to reassure yourself.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions