Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What are these new red marks on my body?

Within the last week, red marks have been appearing first on my calves, then knees, ankles and now wrists. They are not raised or on the surface. They look very much like a red burn mark or like someone used a red marker on me. Most are in a line formation with some being dots. One circle (1") has begun to fade. They're like red port-wine birthmarks. Two that first appeared on my knee were sensitive to touch for a few hours and felt like a burn. Any idea what this could be?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, about skin was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, What are those brown/red ish marks i have on my body? was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, Red Splotches all over body was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, red/purple marks on my legs was started.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, red circle on my leg was started.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Fair enough.  Please show them to a doctor.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
They don't itch (or burn anymore).  They're not raised or below the surface.  It looks like someone used a red sharpie marker on me (didn't happen though).  Line formations are 1" each and "dots" are various sizes.  Fairly certain they are not bug bites.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Not really.  They could be hives, they could be insect bites, they could be an internal virus of some sort.  Give them a few more days and show them to a doctor if they're still there.  In the meantime, don't itch or rub them so the doctor can tell.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions