Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

skin irritation

ok about six months ago i started dating again and my current girlfriend and i started having sex and i was using these trojan with spermicide condoms which i havent used before let me remind you i have only been with two girls and they have been long term relationships well i used alot in a couple of days and two days later I had a red ring around the crown of my penis and I was really sensitive. I couldnt even run cuz the whole thing was real sensitive. I went to the doctors and she said it was condom irritation and gave me a hydrocortisone which only took away the senstivity she said to continue having sex so i did and bought the desentizing trojan condoms and used alot of those and developed a irritation/rash around the tip of penis its a little red and looks like it has cracks in it from being dried out.I dont know if it was a mixture of the hydroctisone and the stuff in the condom mixing. I thought because i live in az and it was 125 degrees and the sweating could of infected it. i dont know But its well defined and it is worse on the right side then the left.Its just around the opening of my penis right around it. I really dont know what to do because i went back to the doctor but she didnt look at it very closely and said its irritation and nothing she could give me but the hydrocorisone. Im pretty worried I dont think I have an std I have been through all the tests before I slept with my girlfriend and was fine. Do i have a bacterial infection?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello, I'm wondering if Fluconazole can sometimes cause tinea rash to become worse. I have what a Doctor called Tinea and prescribed Nystatin cream, which had absolutley no effect. Went back and was presribed Oral Fluconazole 150mg, for four days, along with Fluconazole ointment. Now, my rash has gotten much worse, much more redness, much more raised and at times very itchy. Is this typical, should I continue with the Fluconazole? I heavily suspect I have systemic yeast to some extent. My tongue was white, but after taking Fluconazole it's almost gone. No other side effects observed, no additonal rashes anywhere, no other new symptoms. I've also tried Lamisil ointment to no avail, other antifugals too. Starting to get a bit worried here. Made an appointment with a Dermatologist, but it's five weeks away. Sure could use an expert opinion.

Thank you so much.
Helpful - 0
However, the condition seemed to spread.  My primary doctor provided me hydrocortizon. This did practically nothing.  The condition repeated itself by cracking and peeling and healing.  This caused burning, itching not to mention severe discomfort.  

I went to see a dermotologist.  I was informed it was stubborn case of eczema.  I was prescribed Elidel.  It finally cleared up but I had to continue to use it for a few weeks.  My dermotologist told me I would have to use it periodically.  However, I stopped using it all together without any problems for months.  Until I started using a condom and once again, the condition began.  Fortunately, I had Elidel on hand.  Now what do I do abstain?  

Is there any condoms available that do not cause this problem?  
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
No, I don't think so, or an STD either.  I think you have an irritation.  The combination of sex, condoms, and sweat are all no doubt involved.  I'd use the hydrocortisone plus lots of moisturizing lotion.  If you're still uncomfortable or concerned, you should see a dermatologist for additional suggestions.  But I don't think you need to add worry about STD's to your concerned.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions