Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

dry skin patches

i have been having a problem with dry skin patches on my leg and shoulder which bothers me when i have clothing on it. the area on my shoulder gets irrated if my bra strap is directly on it. i also work in a retail store which is sometimes very hot and dry which between the clothing and the heat seem to make me perspire and irrate these areas. i also work with boxes in my receiving room and clothing where it is dusty and some of these boxes are from all over the world.sometimes when i handle these boxes i get little bites. i have tried changing detergents and soaps etc. and it starts to heal as long as i have noyhing on these areas to irrate them. what is causing this and what can i do.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
On my leg I have a small dry patch and the skin is loose and peels off. I now have small bumps that get irratated when it rubs against the band of my underwear. The small bumps are sensitive to the touch and they are just pink. Like a small bug bite but they dont itch. What do you think?
Helpful - 1
Take a look at http://www.savemyhealth.com/Health/Eczema/tabid/79/Default.aspx, for some useful tips.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It sounds like more than just dry skin--perhaps a little touch of eczema aggravated by rubbing from your clothing.  Anything you can do to pad the area so it doesn't rub will help.  You'll also need to see a skin doctor, probably just for one visit, to get a specific diagnosis and proper therapy in case it returns from time to time.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions