Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Skin rash on penis

Dr. Rockoff (or whoever): Well I've been on 1% Clotrimazole applied around the glans (folds) of my penis now for six days. First how many days should you use an antifungal before seeing whether or not it will be helping. So far it doesn't seem to be.

Second, I noticed that in my "health journal" I keep that my dermatologist 3 years ago prescribed Bactroban Cream three times daily for the following diagnosis (he took a swab) You have an infection on your penis which is Coagulase-A negative Staph.

I have no follow up entry which leads me to believe that this probably helped and healed it (otherwise I would have put something down in my journal.

I am planning to start Bactroban Cream apply tid this Sunday night if the rash doesn't clear up with the 1% Clotrimazole.

Your comments????

Rich DeGarmo
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, penile rash was started.
Helpful - 0
Hi.  I used to masturbate everyday for a few years but then stopped recently when I began to notice things.  On the left side on the shaft of my penis there are some small dark circles no bigger than 2mm-3mm each grouped together.  They do not cause any pain or discomfort at all and they are also not bumps and do not stick out at all.  When my penis is erect you can barely even see them though.  I believe they might be caused from not cleaning the area well enough in the shower.  Do you have any ideas on what this is or if it is normal?
Helpful - 0
Hi

One night i noticed a thin dry line on my penis & i thought dry cold weather could be the reason. so, decided to apply some cream but at that time the only medicated cream i had was BETNOVATE-N creame which contained 0.1% w/w Betamethasone & 0.5% w/w Neomycin Sulphate. I just applied some of it and went to sleep. In the morning i noticed that tiny little round shaped beads like rings have appeared (some over the skin and some are still under the skin) and the dryness has increased. Pigmentation can also be seen. Not only this im also feeling that the skin is softening. It's been almost 2 months & it's not improving at all. What would you suggest?

What do you have to say about this?
plz e-mail me: ***@****
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
If it's goijng to help, Clotrimazole should do so in 7-10 days.  Bactroban is harmless, so yopu can start using it now, if you want.   but you probably just have irritation, which should respond to avoidance of friction, lubrication, and time.  If not, see a doctor.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions