Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

rash on penis head

About a year and a half ago I had unprotected sex. Very stupid of me because I did not know the girl very well. Anyhow, a few weeks after I developed a small red rash on my penis head.  Over time it has spread over the entire penis head area, but the concentration of the red area is on the top of the head when I am looking down at it.  The area looks very scaly(doesn't look the way skin should) and my penis has a burning sensation to it some of the time.  I went to the doctor and was tested for Chlmidia, gonarhea, and HIV. All were negative and the doctors say it is probably nothing, I am conviced otherwise. Here are some of the reasons why.  After getting the rash my SO performed oral sex on me and she developed swollen glans in her neck and had bumps develop on the inside of her mouth.  They just looked clear and raised and were a few centimeters big(estimated).  Those went away.  I spent a few days at the beach recently and after being in the water for a prolonged period, when I got out the infected area the skin was dried up and peeling off.  Some more red flags for me is that 2 weeks after the unprotected sex, I developed apacia(hair loss) on my neck and recently had spread to my scalp. I recently also have developed vertigo, I guess thats meniers diesease, possibly from an inner ear infection. I have always been very healthy and never really had any of the problems I am recently having and feel it's all connected.  The doctors have perscribed various creams, non of which helped and I haven't seen a dermatologist yet about the rash.  Can he/she tell me anything different than the regualar doctors? What's your opinion on what I have?  I did as much research as I could and the best answers I can come up with for myself is either HPV or Syphillis.  Please Help.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
No, I don't think you have herpes.  A dermatologist would probably do a more convinving job of diagnosing and treating your current rash, which souds like irritation to me.  As your SO's swollen glands, if that were herpes and you caught it from that encounter, you would have gotten severe swololen glands yourself within a week, plus hiogh fever and bleeding gums.  Doesn't sound as though you had any of those.  If the skin doctor thinks it's worthwhile, you mighyt get a herpes 2 blood test, but I'm not sure you need even that.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
Sorry if you misunderstood me Dr.  I don't think I have Herpes, never had any outbreaks or anything like that.  What I was asking about was HPV human papo virus.  The reddish area does has small very small bumps all around.  

And what is you take not on her swollen glands but on the bumps that developed in her mouth.  Could those have been warts?  They did dissapear which is supposed to be common with warts.

Couldn't the swollen glands have been due to  the introduction of a virus, HPV maybe?

As for irritation would it be constant for a year and a half, I didn't change anything in my routines, just had unprotected sex and developed the rash shortly after.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions