Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Moist Penis

Greetings Dr R.

1. Got Molluscum in November 2006 and treat it by destroying the lesion with pin and pop method. This works well and controls it effectively. No sexual activity besides masturbaiton for 6 months.

2. About 2 months ago I noticed my penis seems to be kind of sticky/tacky. When I touch it it seems tacky to the touch. Sometimes there is a little red dot (not a bump)on the glans too - it comes and goes - sometimes its there in the morning then it may be gone by noon when I look again.

3. Also it seems like the pubic area sweats more than it used to.  The glans will be a bit red sometimes and then later in the day it may appear normal then it may be reddish again later. I use a magnifying glass to hunt MC lesions and often I can see that the penis "glistens" a bit like it is moist. Sometimes I think there is an odor from the area but it is not "foul" and only slight if any.

4. I've read some about Balantis. I am very hygenic, especially with MC, so I am wondering if it is what to do.

5. Another change (perhaps unrelated) is my ejaculation - about a month or two ago it seemed to change. Orgasm feels normal and the first couple "squirts" are normal (i.e. volume/distance)then the orgasm continues the ejacualte kind of dribbles out (and small amount) even though the pumping seems normal - when soft again my penis leaks more fluid like it was th stuff that didnt come out normally. I include this issue as info and may be unrelated to any of my other issues.

Any ideas? Thanks and I look forward to your response.

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
My primary response is that you are looking much too hard at the penis.  I'm am skeptical that everything you are calling molluscum is in fact that and not just some innocuous bump.  You are not doing yourself a favor by examining yourself minutely, popping this and that, and measuring your ejaculations.  What you need, I think, is professional evaluation of your skin and your concerns over your genitals, which I suspect are causing you more anxiety than necessary (if indeed you have anything wrong at all.)  Bottom line: no popping, just get yourself checked out and move on.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 1
Greetings Dr -

Thank you for the quick reply - I just wanted to write back to say I was diagnosed with MC by a derm in December - he said it's a classic presentation with the lesions and the dimple etc - I pierce them with a pin and get the core out - He said MC is harmless but just takes time for it to go away and he said destroying the lesions helps quicken the process.

I agree with you about looking at my penis too much - I had never had anything like this before so at first I inspected it like crazy - now I don't look too hard because I've learned the penis has all kinds of different bumps and shapes, plus most of the MC is in the pubic hair area and I can spot an MC lesion a mile away - one tell-tale sign is that the MC lesions are almost too perfectly round, plus the dimple and whitish color. The red blotchiness on the glans that comes and goes is fairly obvious and doesnt take a close look to see.

But I'm pretty sure on the change in ejacualtion issue - maybe it's a prostate thing or something but I do *** differently now - also when urinating if I try to stop the stream I can feel the muscle squeezy but the stream flow stops sort of slowly. Anyway, perhaps another issue.

Do you have any standard recommendation for Balantis issues? Thanks
Helpful - 1
A related discussion, Molluscum and follow-on penis problems was started.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions