Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Red Dry Rash "Spots" all over body, sometimes 'scaley' sometimes just dry texture. Dont itch but hurt.

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/poshlee/spots/spots2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/poshlee/spots/spots1.jpg[/IMG]
I have had this 'condition' for 10+years. I have been to doctors, dermatologists, now a nutritionalist & no one seems to know what I have. These "spots" will go away at times, but right now they are out in full force. Usually they are only on my torso, but now I am getting them on my legs/arms/REALLY bad on my back, and even one on my face (great!) They're usually between dime - 1/2 dollar sized, usually round, some are irregular shaped, & usually start in patches but now I literally have them almost everywhere. My latest derm doctor did 3 biopsies. The biopsies just come back negative, & showing its not a fungus but doesn
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi I just want to say that me too have been getting those dry patches on my torso. I started getting them about 3 weeks ago and they havent gone away. I dont know what they are but hopefully its curable. I'm a male 38 years old single. I hope that helps.
Helpful - 0
A related discussion, spots was started.
Helpful - 0
I have the EXACT same thing happening to me! I'm a 27 yr old female and single and my 26 year old female roommate had The same exact thing before me. Her symptoms went away after taking some antibiotics whereas mine stay pretty prominant and like u said they get worse and more noticeable with lotions and spraytans etc. It's very frustrating and very peculiar because no one can really tell me or pinpoint exactly what is happening so it raises suspicion and concern; adding insult to injury  It's pretty embarrassing on top of it all so I empathize with u poshlee and if I hear anything new I'll be sure to post it on here for u. I wish u the best of luck and hope you get better soon too.  In the meantime I'm going to research this on my own since going to the doctor seems to be an effort in futility so I intend on finding out what this is and where it came from so you will be hearing from me again on here hopefully soon and we can remedy this fastidious ailment. Take care
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your comment! Unfortunatly I have had those levels, and almost every other thing checked through bloodwook/biopsies/ect,, and none of my doctors can find anything conclusive. This is so frusterating.... :(
Thanks though!!
Helpful - 0
HI,
I get those round patches on my toe knuckles and have found it is from elevated DHT and Total testosterone.

Have you had thoses levels checked??

Hope this helps,
Sue T
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
As best I can tell from your story and photos, you have a condition called parapsoriasis.  (This old name is misleading, since it has nothing to do with psoriasis.)  Like many skin conditions, the cause is unknown, and in this case treatment is difficult.  Sunlight may help a bit.  It isn't catchy or allergic.  Biopsies are more helpful at ruling out other possibilities than adding much about this one.  I suggest you speak to the dermatologists who examined you and performed the biopsies to see whether they agree with my suggestion or whether they have something else in mind.  

Sorry I can't add more from this distance.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions