Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Groin Rash

I have a rash on both sides of my legs.  I also have a very itchy scrotum.  I have scratched so much that I now have a small cut or scab from scratching the area...  I am worried that it might be something more than just a normal rash.  I have had sex with a couple of different girls over the last few months but have not heard anything from them...

The rash is not too itchy but it does itch here and there...  

I have purchased some gold bond and hydrocortizone and it seems to be helping a lot...  I failed to mention that I do live in Phoenix, Arizona and it is 110 degrees out for the last 20 days or so...

Any opinion would be very helpful.  The scab I created is not the same color as my scrotum?  Why would that be...

Thank you for any help.  Super concerned hypocondriac.

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
751422 tn?1265510035
A related discussion, skin rash on penis or something else? was started.
Helpful - 1
A related discussion, groin rash was started.
Helpful - 0
could be jock itch as well, with it being very hot. Dont know just dont let it go too long without seeing someone
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I think you have eczema, which is common, if not 'normal.'  It is not related to sex.  You shouldn't just live with it, though, because it's awfully annoying and makes you want to scratch all the time.  So visit a dermatologist, who should be able to diagnose and treat it in a single visit.  You can't cure this, but you certainly can get what you need to suppress it when it comes, so it won't bother you.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions