Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Penis Pigmentation

Hi,

I am a 27 year old male and from an early age have been embarassed about the pigmentation of my penis. I have olive colored skin over most of my body. My penis and testicles are a much darker brown than the rest of my body until about 3/4 of the way up the shaft to the circumcision scar, and then from there to the tip of the penis my skin is pink.

I would like to know how common a stark contrast of pigmentation is and what causes it. Is this common or normal?

Thanks

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I meet this guy, and he's really nice.  We have been talking a lil while, and he want to have sex.  I thought about it, but I'm scared because his penis is really pink, and looks to have white flakey stuff around the head of it.  He's say that there is nothing wrong. but I'm not sure.  Is It this normal for a guys penis to look like that. he also state that he use comdoms, but they give him a rash, so could this also be the problem. he could be mister right. but his penis just looks so wrong.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You may have vitiligo, a condition in which the pigment goes away.  This can leave the skin white or pink.  Not much to do about it, but it doesn't mean much.  Ask a doctor yo have a look, so you'll know for sure.  No reason for you to be embarrassed after all this time.  Find out.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions